Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. I have a 2008 YZ 450 that suffered damage to the case from a chain break. The left side case was replaced. I am now having problems getting the clutch together correct. When it's all together the release bearing doesn't move the pressure plate until the arm is half way through it's travel so the cable seems to long. Nothing was changed but the left case, crank bearings and seals. Rings in the top end but that wouldn't apply. The case half was used but from the same year model and fit perfect. I have included some pics. If anybody sees anything off please let me know. Thanks a lot in advance. I will post the results if there are any.
Motor vehicle Fluid Automotive fuel system Gas Automotive air manifold
Wheel Automotive tire Gear Crankset Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Light Locking hubs Wheel
Automotive tire Rim Gas Bicycle part Nickel

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ps I have checked for missing parts or out of order parts. Everything looks in order. Ball bearing is in the release bearing. I have looked at the diagram from bikebandits several times.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update. Everything looks good. Ordered a new cable as I was told they can stretch. It would have to be 1/2 inch too long but I'm gonna give it a try. This would answer the question as the cable seems way to long or the arm is to far around. I seriously thought about a thin stainless washer on the end of the release bearing between it and the pressure plate. The rod and arm look good. When I get this I will post back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts