Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am currently planning to change the tires on my Xenter 125 (2015) and needs front and rear axle torque values, so please if anyone can help it will be very much appreciated, and thanks in advance.

/rofa

·
Registered
20 Posts
With torque wrench, and I'll assume these are the original tires, never been off the bike, set the wrench so when spinning it off, the needle reaches a threshold and breaks loose. There is your needle number. If click style, you run a 2ft incremental torque until the handle clicks. You found the torque.

With a lot of wrenching behind you, there is a hand tightening torque, where each time the nut spins on the axle threads with a twist of the fingers. The other kind of hand torque is the gorilla torque where you pull the threads that were once upright and straight IIIII, and now you can't spin the nut on. That is when the shaft threads are pulled, and now the threads are; ///// this way.

The difference between a hack job, or a skilled mechanic at the threads... any thread pitch. Go for the feel on and off no tool needed. Because the tools that came with the bike has tire removal tools, yes? So on the road, you without a torque wrench, but with those bike tools.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts