Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yamaha Motor Co. announced their plans to transfer ATV production out of Japan and in to Newnan, Georgia. Still in the planning stages, this move is expected to be completed by 2013 and could create dozens of jobs in the area.

The move will transfer the Yamaha Motor Powered Products, Co., operations to the Yamaha Motor Manufacturing Corporation of American (YMMC) in the suburbs of Atlanta, Georgia.

With the US being one of the biggest ATV markets, moving production here will give Yamaha the ability to respond more quickly to current market needs while it helps the local economy.

source: about.com

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Horrible idea. I'm all for creating jobs in America, but stuff made in Japan is of better quality and workmanship than it is here.
:thumbsdown: Yamaha

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree to a certain point, Japanese are very dedicated and make high quality products. I'm sure they will implement strict quality control. I'm sure they learned from Toyota model.
btw Chris long time! :) I will call you very soon.

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
I would thing Yamaha would keep quality standards but if they became noticably less reliable after they moved here I would be pissed. In my experiance Yamaha has been the most reliable quad and dirtbikes I have ever owned. They just hold up better so I hope they keep the standards high.

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
I would thing Yamaha would keep quality standards but if they became noticably less reliable after they moved here I would be pissed. In my experiance Yamaha has been the most reliable quad and dirtbikes I have ever owned. They just hold up better so I hope they keep the standards high.
Look at the spanish & french factories MBK etc the products are jap design but are let down by the local out source of components (carbs .. sorry FI (lol) and wiring leave a lot to be desired)
Regards Jim

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
I'm with Jim on this. I hope they don't start trying to cut costs and make a crappy product. I've had a couple of Yami's and love them. Great machines as long as you keep up the work on them - not always true about stuff made stateside

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
I'm with Jim on this. I hope they don't start trying to cut costs and make a crappy product. I've had a couple of Yami's and love them. Great machines as long as you keep up the work on them - not always true about stuff made stateside
I don't think that the MBK factory went out their way to dilute the quality I would think the out source bits were ordered & turned up 'below par' so Yamaha then have a problem :- do the production run with low std bits or ship from Japan. I guess they would do the run and check failure rates ... but you can always tell a Euro Yam via the Dell Orto carb, brembo brakes and shoddy wiring !
Regards Jim

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
They might be put together with lower quality parts since they are going on Japanese bikes. I'm sure if you see an Aprilia or Ducati sporting Brembos it's good quality stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts