Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im rebuilding a G16e and can't understand why this cart is being a PITA!! When I press the accelerator, it doesn't move foraward until i've pressed it almost all the way to the floor. And when it goes....it explodes forward at one speed...same in reverse....WTH?? Solenoid...Throttle sensor, stop/go switch, all batteries, controller, ....everything is new on this cart.....could I have miswired something? Anyone have any info on why????

Thank You

· Super Moderator
1986 FZ 600
90 Posts
I know almost nothing about electric vehicles but if it is anything like variable speed pumps I would question the voltage controller. I'd also check for loose connections around the pedal - I am wondering if it only makes when deeply depressed. Just spit ballin here, I have no experience with these. See if there is a procedure to test the pedal in the manual. I would expect there is a chart with appropriate outputs for different amounts of throttle.

· Super Moderator
564 Posts
ya I'm thinking rheostat too, being the controller is new.
Does it have an electronic pedal of some sort? I've only worked on older ones with big rheostats coming off the pedal.
Of course those need to be checked too..
@Rmerritt, heck yes it could be mis wired.
I'm guessing there is a full throttle circuit separate from the rest and it's obviously the only one working.

· Super Moderator
564 Posts
Lol....oh its tons of fun. It has a throttle switch that goes to the controller (comes from the peddle). Trying NOT to keep relacing everything with new parts.... but here i am and STILL cant get it to run correctly
Did it work at all before?
I really would suspect that throttle. A wiring diagram and ohm meter would be the tools of choice right now to diagnose instead of throwing parts at it. Could be as simple as a bad connection from the pedal. Look up diagnosing potentiometers with an ohm meter too.
Good luck with her, let us know how it pans out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts