Yamaha Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1986 Yamaha Bravo that my kids started riding this year. I bought it as they were getting to big for a 120. This weekend the push button kill switch broke off in the down position. When i disconnect the switch the sled will start but will not go anywhere. It looks like there is some sort of safety that prevents it from engaging if the switch is disconnected. I wanted to buy a replacement switch (part # 80F-82575-19-00) but they don't make this any longer. They do sell newer model numbers but it says it won't fit. Does anyone know if there is a newer model switch that will fit in the throttle housing but maybe has a different connection type? I thought I could cut off the new connector and splice in the old connector so it works. Has anyone dealt with this before and if so, what is the part # I would need to buy?

I have contacted multiple yamaha dealers and they are not giving me any help on if a newer switch will fit the housing.

Thanks,

Aplsas1

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a 1986 Yamaha Bravo that my kids started riding this year. I bought it as they were getting to big for a 120. This weekend the push button kill switch broke off in the down position. When i disconnect the switch the sled will start but will not go anywhere. It looks like there is some sort of safety that prevents it from engaging if the switch is disconnected. I wanted to buy a replacement switch (part # 80F-82575-19-00) but they don't make this any longer. They do sell newer model numbers but it says it won't fit. Does anyone know if there is a newer model switch that will fit in the throttle housing but maybe has a different connection type? I thought I could cut off the new connector and splice in the old connector so it works. Has anyone dealt with this before and if so, what is the part # I would need to buy?

I have contacted multiple yamaha dealers and they are not giving me any help on if a newer switch will fit the housing.

Thanks,

Aplsas1
Update: Part # 8AD-82575-09-00 is available. This part is what is needed for a 1994 and up. it looks to have the same wires (B, B/W, B/Y) as mine. What i am hoping is that i can buy this, it will fit in the throttle assembly and the only difference is in the connector to the harness. If that is the case i should be able to cut off the connector on the new part, and splice on the connector from my broken switch and make it work. Has anyone out there had to do this before? Will the new switch fit in the assembly?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts