Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Euro Commuter

Featuring an economical and reliable air-cooled engine housed in a compact, easy-handling chassis, the YBR125 has become one of the most successful lightweights ever produced by Yamaha.

Its winning combination of ease of use, attractive styling and remarkable economy has established the YBR125 as a firm favorite with commuters all over Europe. In fact, since its launch in 2005, the Yamaha YBR125 has become one of the most successful models in the 125cc category, with over 75,000 units sold.

For 2010 Yamaha have concentrated on creating an even more attractive and comfortable package with a number of changes to the bodywork and chassis.

A new fuel tank cover gives this attractive 125 a more muscular grown-up look, as well as offering additional protection to the bike's fuel tank.

There's also a new more aerodynamic analogue instrument panel with an integrated RPM meter located above the headlight assembly - and the refreshed styling for 2010 is completed with a redesigned exhaust muffler.

Passengers will also appreciate the ergonomic design of the redesigned passenger grab handle, which provides a secure handhold when riding two-up.

2010 YBR125 Technical Highlights
• Easy-going performance
• Style with economy
• New fuel tank cover
• New instrument panel
• Redesigned muffler
• Redesigned passenger grab handle
• Fuel-injected air-cooled engine
• Roomy dual seat
• Sleek, modern design
• Cast alloy wheels

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
That's garbage! When is Yamaha gonna release a 125 or even make a 250 for the US? Yamaha already has a 125cc out in Europe, however nothing here in America. I am currently in the market for something smaller than a 600cc bike and would love to stay with Yamaha. However, Yamaha doesn't make a sport bike that is under 600. They're smallest bike is the FZ6 which some people don't want to start on.
Yamaha does make a V Star 250, but not everybody wants to go the cruiser route. It's time for Yamaha to rethink the US market and a smaller bike. Kawasaki is currently the only company that is making a 250 sport bike and they are making a killing because they are the only one's.

C'MON YAMAHA!

:foul:

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Oh yea, the YBR125 looks pretty good. Good to see that Yamaha came up with a cruiser that is not gonna fall under the V Star badge.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I first saw it I thought about your wife Chris, this will be perfect! :smirk:

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't blame her that's kind of rednecky and only if your wife drinks budweiser lol

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
That's garbage! When is Yamaha gonna release a 125 or even make a 250 for the US? Yamaha already has a 125cc out in Europe, however nothing here in America. I am currently in the market for something smaller than a 600cc bike and would love to stay with Yamaha. However, Yamaha doesn't make a sport bike that is under 600. They're smallest bike is the FZ6 which some people don't want to start on.
Yamaha does make a V Star 250, but not everybody wants to go the cruiser route. It's time for Yamaha to rethink the US market and a smaller bike. Kawasaki is currently the only company that is making a 250 sport bike and they are making a killing because they are the only one's.

C'MON YAMAHA!

:foul:
whats wrong with this one ?

Regards Jim

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
It's not being released to the American public!
must be to fast for them ...:smirk: but if u you send me the loot I could send you one
Regards Jim

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
I've already thought about that. 2 big problems:
1. It would cost me around $6,000 for the bike PLUS shipping so I'd probably end up around $8,000 after all is said and done
2. Supposedly, Customs over here would hold the bike for an insane amount of time and who knows if the bike would even get approved for a license plate so it can be street driven.

Not worth the hassle/money, although I'd love to have one

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
I've already thought about that. 2 big problems:
1. It would cost me around $6,000 for the bike PLUS shipping so I'd probably end up around $8,000 after all is said and done
2. Supposedly, Customs over here would hold the bike for an insane amount of time and who knows if the bike would even get approved for a license plate so it can be street driven.

Not worth the hassle/money, although I'd love to have one
looked it up ... new one for £3995 in the crate with the V5 unless your customs boys are real arses I guess you could have the bike a bike quicker than you think .... but I guess bits may be a problem
I would guess the UK/euro type approval should take care of the US approval, as stated on the V5.... but I can get you one in the box !
Regards Jim

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Yea, not gonna happen. Your 3,995 = $6,011 plus shipping. I might as well get another r6. My local dealer knows a guy that tried to get a bike over from Europe, and it's been a year and it still hasn't been released from Customs.
I'm stuck with a Kawi for now in my shed, but as soon as the wifey knows how to ride it's bye bye Kawi and hello Yamaha!

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Yea, not gonna happen. Your 3,995 = $6,011 plus shipping. I might as well get another r6. My local dealer knows a guy that tried to get a bike over from Europe, and it's been a year and it still hasn't been released from Customs.
I'm stuck with a Kawi for now in my shed, but as soon as the wifey knows how to ride it's bye bye Kawi and hello Yamaha!
I'll ride it over just put it on a boat .. then ride on the wrong side of the road but hey I hope the wife knows how to ride :thumbsup: lol
regards Jim

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
:lol: I wish it could be done.
Wife has never been on a bike, so she's gonna start out on the Kawi 250r. We'll see how she does and from there we'll see if she gets her own bike or rides my r6

1 - 16 of 16 Posts