Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone this is my first post. I have what I believe is a 1974 Yamaha MX360 motorcycle that has been made into a 3 wheeler. It appears to be all of the original motorcycle including swing arm that has extra bracing welded to it and a live axle installed across it. The front forks have been widened to accept a 3 wheeler style rim and tire but they are the original ones with wider clamps at the top. It has 3 wheeler plastics and seat but that's all for modification. The motor is locked up and I can't get the cylinder head off. YET I also can't figure out how to attach a picture here

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much well I have it apart all the way down to the bare frame and empty crankcase halves. Could anyone tell me if they have ever welded a crack in a crankcase? One half has a piece chipped out under the crankshaft. The other half has a crack where the cylinder sits on top down the side to where the crankshaft seal goes. I'm going to "v" them out with a grinder and have them welded. I have been a machinist for 40 years so I am going to machine them myself and put it back together. The halves themselves are 200 each so I would rather spend that somewhere else on it than the case Thanks for any tips or experience in welding them

1 - 3 of 3 Posts