Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I'm a Vmax rider in England and a confirmed Yamaha fan.

I've just been offered a 1995 xt660 Tenere but the problem is it just won't idle smoothly. It starts fine and runs if I keep blipping the throttle but if left alone it splutters and dies. The revs seem high enough. Does anyone know if this is a common problem or any ideas of what it may be.

Thanks for any help

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Without knowing I would think a good cleaning of the carb would help. It could just be a clogged low speed jet.

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Hi there, I'm a Vmax rider in England and a confirmed Yamaha fan.

I've just been offered a 1995 xt660 Tenere but the problem is it just won't idle smoothly. It starts fine and runs if I keep blipping the throttle but if left alone it splutters and dies. The revs seem high enough. Does anyone know if this is a common problem or any ideas of what it may be.

Thanks for any help
sounds like mixture strength to me try adjusting the mixture screw if the bike has ydis fitted check the rubber pipe that links the carbs together is not split
Regards Jim

·
Banned
2 Posts
I work for 7up (JOKE)!!!!

Four best friends met at the hospital since their wives were giving births to their babies. The nurse comes up to the first man and says, "Congratulations, you got twins. The man said "How strange, I'm the manager of Minnesota Twins." After awhile the nurse comes up to the second man and says, "Congratulations, you got triplets." Man was like "Hmmm, strange I worked as a director for the "3 musketeers." Finally, the nurse comes up to the third man and says "Congratulations, you got twins x2." Man is happy and says, "Ironic, I work for the hotel "4 Seasons." All three of them are happy until they see their last buddy jumping all over the place, cursing God and banging his head on the wall. They asked him what's wrong and he answered, "What's wrong? I work for 7up"! Four best friends met at the hospital since their wives were giving births to their babies. The nurse comes up to the first man and says, "Congratulations, you got twins." The man said "How strange, I'm the manager of Minnesota Twins." After awhile the nurse comes up to the second man and says, "Congratulations, you got triplets." Man was like "Hmmm, strange I worked as a director for the "3 musketeers." Finally, the nurse comes up to the third man and says "Congratulations, you got twins x2." Man is happy and says, "Ironic, I work for the hotel "4 Seasons." All three of them are happy until they see their last buddy jumping all over the place, cursing God and banging his head on the wall. They asked him what's wrong and he answered, "What's wrong? I work for 7up"!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts