Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
06 Zuma 50 was running great. Always starts right up and idles good. I went through a huge pothole and the bike went into a limp mode giving only partial throttle. Still starts and idles fine but walking speed on flat ground only even at WOT. Pulled and cleaned carb, checked enricher (fine) and fuel valve and air filter all good, no change to RPM. What should I check next?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check throttle cable .. top to bottom ...
It's getting full stroke on the slide. It sounds like it's running rich, like the choke/enricher might be the issue but that is working correctly altho hard to tell if it actually seals when closed. When WOT and the air filter off there is a small cloud of vapor (fuel?) at the carb inlet. That seemed weird to me but I'm not familiar with these units. This happened to me a few months ago too. Heading up our road, WOT and hit a pot hole and revs dropped right down to walking speed. I shut the ignition off and when I restarted everything was back to normal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think it was the exhaust. I dropped the exhaust and run it and revs were good. I burned it out a year ago so wasn't even considering that. We don't use it much. Anyway, I put the tiger torch and air hose to it and really did a job on it. Put it all together and it's a new bike. I don't get how a pothole could have caused this unless some chunk of crap came loose in the muffler and caused a blockage. Thanks to everyone who contributed things to check.
Cheers,
Ron

1 - 13 of 13 Posts