Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a serious buffeting problem. I am 6’ 2” and have a v star 950 with stock windshield. I have put a lot of money into this problem and still have no resolved. Let me also say I know the buffeting is coming from above and not below. I tried a 1300 windshield, which is taller then a 950 and still have the issue of air smacking my forehead. I just installed a laminar lip and that helped a tiny bit but +70 is a headache. I am running out of ideas and wondering if anyone has any solutions. I should not have to get a windshield that I have to look through. I am going to be installing a vent in the windshield here soon. Hopefully that will fix it. Thank you for any suggestions.

·
Super Moderator
452 Posts
I have a serious buffeting problem. I am 6’ 2” and have a v star 950 with stock windshield. I have put a lot of money into this problem and still have no resolved. Let me also say I know the buffeting is coming from above and not below. I tried a 1300 windshield, which is taller then a 950 and still have the issue of air smacking my forehead. I just installed a laminar lip and that helped a tiny bit but +70 is a headache. I am running out of ideas and wondering if anyone has any solutions. I should not have to get a windshield that I have to look through. I am going to be installing a vent in the windshield here soon. Hopefully that will fix it. Thank you for any suggestions.
Can you, have you played with the tilt of the shield?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a 950 and put over 30,000 miles on it. the worst buffeting was with a full helmet. Try this. Next time you are out on the road put your hand down towards the front of the gas tank. The wind is coming up from below. I put some shields next to the forks and it stopped it. There use to be an outfit that made them along with some brackets but I know of several people to have made their own. I now ride a 1700 and had the same problem so I put some on it and that takes care of the problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a 950 and put over 30,000 miles on it. the worst buffeting was with a full helmet. Try this. Next time you are out on the road put your hand down towards the front of the gas tank. The wind is coming up from below. I put some shields next to the forks and it stopped it. There use to be an outfit that made them along with some brackets but I know of several people to have made their own. I now ride a 1700 and had the same problem so I put some on it and that takes care of the problem.
Heya, can you push a pic to us? thx

·
Registered
2 Posts
You are right,wind comes from below. The OP needs to put his left arm across his chest,when at speed,and watch the wind go away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts