Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as some of you know, my wifey all of a sudden wanted to get a bike so I started looking around for a starter bike. She has never ridden a bike, and isn't TOO familiar with a manual tranny car, so starting out on a 600 was not gonna happen. Nobody makes anything smaller than a 5/600 bike so the Kawi 250r would have to do the job.
Her birthday was on the 12th of March and I started looking around on the 1st. Found a good deal, but nobody had the color she wanted so it had to get ordered. Bike didn't get in time for her birthday, but I finally was able to get it as a surprise for her this Friday (19th) and here's how the day went:

-Went to the bank at 9am to get the check for the bike
-Dropped it off at my dealer who then asked me to deposit it at his bank (I'm friends with him so it was no big deal)
-Went into work until my wife came in at around noon
-Then went to my dealer to pick up his truck so I can get the bike from his buddies dealership (since my friend owns a Yamaha dealership and not a Kawi dealership)
-Took me about an hour to get down to Chicago to the Kawi dealer
-Got the bike loaded up in the bed of the truck (bike was still in a crate)
-Got the bike back to my dealer (who then put the bike together)
-At about 5pm finally got the bike to my shed
-Me and a buddy quickly cleaned it up and covered it up
-Picked up the wifey to give her the surprise gift (just told her I wanted to show her the bigger shed that I had to rent. She knew her bike was coming, but I told her it would be a week or two before it got here)
-When my buddy opened the door, I got hit for hiding the secret from her :rofl:

Here's the couple of pics of the bike she got. I'll get group pictures of the bikes when the weather gets nicer and she has her riders permit to ride.

On the truck

At the dealer when the box was taken off

All put together (when she first saw it, the box was over it :smirk:)

And before the "It's not a Yamaha" starts :moon: Because Yamaha doesn't make a version smaller than a 600 sport in the US.
For the record, this is what I wanted her to start on:

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
....POS KAWI!!!! Lmao jk dude. It looks pretty sweet with the tribal art. Bet she likes it. That was a hell of a B-day present.
My exact thought. That and the fact that it's carbed doesn't sit well with me :bonk:. Oh well, we'll see how she handles riding a bike. The part that sucks is that she got it on Friday, and on Saturday we got like 3 inches of snow so it's just sitting in the shed. :rofl:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts