Yamaha Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
479 Posts
Im a little confused, if the light comes on that means its working? and it only starts in neutral but it cant right now because the neutral problem. and i have checked the bulb many times. but nothing works headlight's or reverse light or anything, new battery and its charged. i don't know if that will help, and i have checked the fuses and starter relay. Starter relay i bought 2 years ago. i don't know if thats a better description of my problem.
Oh, well if all that other stuff is out then it's probably something else.
Look for a bad connection near the battery.
Yes if the neutral light in on in neutral the switch is good. If the neutral light comes on when you ground that wire and it doesn't in neutral then the switch is bad....
But all that other stuff being dead is a clue you have something else dead like power from the battery. Usually on older bike something fails near the battery from corrosion.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Ok but the battery is only 4 months old and i charged it, and i saw a little split in the circle where the screw goes into the battery. Does that make it not get a connection? Merry Christmas

·
Super Moderator
479 Posts
Ok but the battery is only 4 months old and i charged it, and i saw a little split in the circle where the screw goes into the battery. Does that make it not get a connection? Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas
Not likely a problem if the cable is still tight.
Follow the wire/s from the battery and check for corrosion along the way. Any connections pull apart, check, clean as necessary, reconnect.
Try jumping it off your car too, just in case the battery is dead. It happens.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts