Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
just wondered what Chips & Guacamole is ? I guess it's a fast food like our fish & chips ? discuss:)
Regards Jim

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Yes it's a Mexican appetizer made from avocados, served with chips or in tacos with sour cream.

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Strongbow for me along with a "ruby murrey"
Regards Jim

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Oh this thread is turning to a beer / drinks one? :lol:
I'm not too picky, I love any and all beer Heineken, yeungling, molson, guiness, kronenberg, stella...) except the cheap Ice one. When it comes to mixed drinks I'm partial to a good vodka with cranberry juice. When it comes to straight liquor I drink tequila (anejo/reposado), whisky, scotch (JW black), or spiced rum. Right now, this happens to be my Halloween rum bottle, it's not widely famous as Captain Morgan or Bacardi but definately a good stuff:

Oh, I forgot a nice red wine is always welcomed! :)

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just try the 'Bow' (Strongbow) Adam .... goes down well with a Ruby.
Bow is grown just around the corner and made in the next county (US state perhaps) and is good over ice or to get the maximum in the glass .. freeze the glass and no ice.
getting back onto the food topic UK Translation Crisps with avocado dip.
Chips look like this

Thats proper chips :)
Regards Jim

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
You’re making me hungry Jim! Its lunch time over here! LOL Our translation for those chips are gravy fries. Nothing like fries smothered in something fattening!

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's tea time here

You’re making me hungry Jim! Its lunch time over here! LOL Our translation for those chips are gravy fries. Nothing like fries smothered in something fattening!
Hi Maverick,
I guess my chips & gravy beats Crisps with avocado dip, best pop round the chip shop & get some ...... do you have Fish & Chip shops ? I guess :umno:
Regards Jim

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
I am not much of a fan of Avocados! We do not have Fish and chip shops. We do serve fish and fries at a lot of restaurants and they call them "fish and chips". So what you call fish and chips we do also! Thank you for the great dish! LOL

Do you have any traditional American dishes you serve in Britain?

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am not much of a fan of Avocados! We do not have Fish and chip shops. We do serve fish and fries at a lot of restaurants and they call them "fish and chips". So what you call fish and chips we do also! Thank you for the great dish! LOL

Do you have any traditional American dishes you serve in Britain?
hmm difficult one Maverick,
I'm struggling for a traditional US dish (we have Macdonolds,KFC,Wendy,burger king. is that traditional US ?:)) failing that give me a list of the dishes & I will answer.
You need to have fish & chips from a good chip shop, the newspaper adds (or added to the flavour, nowadays they use unprinted newspaper) which is a shame ! health & safety gone haywire :doh:
Regards Jim

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
You guys really making me hungry :) I don't like avocados either, they are so heavy and strong..
Food..ummm what about steaks, they are traditional everywhere:

Medium rare please!

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You guys really making me hungry :) I don't like avocados either, they are so heavy and strong..
Food..ummm what about steaks, they are traditional everywhere:

Medium rare please!
Hi Adam
Try the Fox & Badger on Bromyard downs .... (oh sorry thats here) the rumour is he rustles the cows off the downs ... but a 32oz @ £15 whose complaining (including Chips,peas & Sauce .. the Diane sauce is very good followed by the pepper one)... but you need to have it blue
Regards Jim

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Btw I heard A1 Steak sauce was invented by some UK King's chef back in the days.. I really don't like it and I don't understand why people use sauces to ruin the steak :)

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Btw I heard A1 Steak sauce was invented by some UK King's chef back in the days.. I really don't like it and I don't understand why people use sauces to ruin the steak :)
Hi Adam,
you have me at a loss with A1 Steak sauce .... whats that ?
Regards Jim

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 36 Posts