Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2019 VX Cruiser HO and am doing the first annual maintenance on it. The only item that has me stumped is finding the grease fitting to grease the intermediate housing. The manual is very vague. Where is it and how do I get to it to grease it?

My manual is a 2018 manual but I understand there were no changes 2018-2019.

Any help much appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes. I have a shop manual and it is clearly depicted. And I had an older waverunner, but that one had a hose going to the grease fitting. Peering down into the engine compartment, I have yet to see or feel the grease fitting. I am going to use an endoscope camera this week to look for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did find it and was able to grease it. On the back left side of the engine opening, reach below the electrical box and toward the drive shaft. You will find the intermediate housing as depicted in the link above and can find the grease fitting with your fingers (but you can't see it). Just above the fitting is a hole in the back wall of the engine compartment. I used a small grease gun with an 18" flex extension - reached down through the rear compartment with my right hand, got the end through the hole in the wall, then used my left hand to get it on the fitting. Remember to take the nipple cap off, and make sure you get the coupler properly on the grease nipple. I gave it three slow squirts.

It might also be accessible if you remove the 3 bolts holding the electrical connection box to the back wall. I didn't try, but it looks like you might be able to remove the bolts, tilt the box forward, and then be looking straight down at the intermediate housing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts