Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Yamaha ttr230, it starts and runs great, it smokes alittle about 10 seconds after you start it up but then clears up as the bike gets hot.

the problem I am having is there is a ticking/buzzing noise when I rev, the noise is mainly all I hear when I rev it. At idle the noise is mostly not there. I’ve adjusted the valve clearances to spec and didn’t seem to change much. I’ve done a lot of research but I cant find any bike with the same noise problem.
If someone could help diagnose it that would help me a lot, and wether I should keep riding or get it fixed, I’ve owned it for about 6 months and the noise hasn’t really gotten worse.
I can provide a video of the noise if needed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I can’t send a video on this platform so I just made a yt link for it. hopefully this helps. If anyone has any idea what the sound is please let me know

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can’t send a video on this platform so I just made a yt link for it. hopefully this helps. If anyone has any idea what the sound is please let me know, also it smokes just slightly at idol and a tad when I rev it.

·
Registered
Way too many to list....
30 Posts
Sounds pretty normal , maybe a little loose on valves ... what clearance ? I run .004 in. .006 ex. Southh Texas , hot climate ... 15 / 40 oil ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts