Yamaha Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming home today on the 805 south wanting to get off on University, I got myself my first ticket! Hooray!

The good stuff:

Black line is traffic waiting to turn left at the top of the ramp.
Green line is my path.
Red dot is the cruiser.

My citation is "21755 VC Passing on Shoulder"

My story:
1) When I merged off the highway into the exit lane, I merged too far and went into the shoulder
2) I immediately went back into the exit lane
3) I got pulled over and cited for passing on the right

This should be in my favor because I didn't pass anybody... which is what I was cited for. 21755 VC is regarding when you can and can not safely pass vehicles on the right. So... it's irrelevant though I know the long dick of the law works in mysterious ways.

I plan on doing a written trial and NOT showing up in person, since that is lame.

Any advice? Thanks.

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Definitely worth a try. Here in IL if you want to challenge the ticket you have to show up in court. If you can challenge it by writing to the state or city or county then it's more than worth it. Let us know what happens.
I'm guessing if you got a clean record then you'll get supervision and maybe a fine

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Not showing up in person = not winning, in my experience, From what I've read cops are more likely to show up in court (because they get paid) it also looks better that you cared enough to show up to the court date to prove that you are innocent. The judge is the one making the final call, you stand a much better chance of impressing them by showing up than by sending a letter.

Good Luck :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys for the advice. I will definitely make arrangements and sho up in front of the judge .:ballerina:

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
What ever happened with this? Did you get the ticket dropped?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My infraction was for passing on the shoulder, or performing an unsafe pass on the right.
I need to pay the ticket by next month.

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Coming home today on the 805 south wanting to get off on University, I got myself my first ticket! Hooray!

The good stuff:

Black line is traffic waiting to turn left at the top of the ramp.
Green line is my path.
Red dot is the cruiser.

My citation is "21755 VC Passing on Shoulder"

My story:
1) When I merged off the highway into the exit lane, I merged too far and went into the shoulder
2) I immediately went back into the exit lane
3) I got pulled over and cited for passing on the right

This should be in my favor because I didn't pass anybody... which is what I was cited for. 21755 VC is regarding when you can and can not safely pass vehicles on the right. So... it's irrelevant though I know the long dick of the law works in mysterious ways.

I plan on doing a written trial and NOT showing up in person, since that is lame.

Any advice? Thanks.
Hi.
can any one translate this ? .... I guess you 'under took' which is a naughty thing to do (even in the UK, which would be pass on the left) but if I read this right, correct me if wrong, you wandered up the nearside lane & got pulled by the law ? If I was leaving a motorway in the nearside lane the law would have allowed me to do it .... perhaps your guys need the income & qudos if so next years ride across your country (planed) is out the question as I'll be banned within days !
Regards Jim

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry for some odd reason the drawing I made disappeared or deleted from the images hosting. I'm glad I had saved it on my HD:

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Sorry for some odd reason the drawing I made disappeared or deleted from the images hosting. I'm glad I had saved it on my HD:

Ah got it now
you under took & used the hard shoulder in order to under take ! imo the officer should have just told you off and given you a lecture on 'life savers' etc rather than giving you a summons, but with christmas around the corner perhaps the station funds were/are a bit low & need all the revenue they can get !
Regards Jim

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
The state of Florida is hurting right now Jim. That is probably why she got the ticket. Plus most likely if he hands out 3 more tickets his wife will get that toaster oven. Put it this way, I am buying my house and Documentation stamps (taxes) were 20 cents on a hundred dollars and now they just raised it 70 cents on a hundred dollars. So that right there shows how bad they are hurting. An increase of over half!

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
The state of Florida is hurting right now Jim. That is probably why she got the ticket. Plus most likely if he hands out 3 more tickets his wife will get that toaster oven. Put it this way, I am buying my house and Documentation stamps (taxes) were 20 cents on a hundred dollars and now they just raised it 70 cents on a hundred dollars. So that right there shows how bad they are hurting. An increase of over half!
Hi Maverick,
can you explain 'documentation stamps' .. do I understand if you have a mortgage you pay interest and capital to the lender and a portion (not steak) to the government in tax ? Glad mines all bought & paid for the advantage of having a well to do (deceased) father
Regards Jim

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
They increased everything, the registration, taxes and handing tickets right and left. I just paid $300 and attended 4 hours driving school because i was doing 91mph in a 70mph zone. I don't blame the cop as i was going faster than the posted speed limit. :)

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Basically it is taxes the state charges you for purchasing a house. Just like paying tax on beer when you buy it from the store.
Hi Maverick.
got it now we call it stamp duty
SDLT= Stamp duty

Broadly speaking, SDLT is charged as a percentage of the amount paid for property or land when it is bought or transferred.
Higher percentage SDLT rates apply to higher-value transactions. The amount payable can also vary depending whether the property is being used for residential or non-residential purposes, and whether the property is sold as a freehold or leasehold.
The lowest rate of SDLT payable is 1 per cent of the transaction value. More valuable properties are charged at 3 or 4 per cent.
The threshold at which SDLT becomes payable is currently £175,000 for residential properties and £150,000 for non-residential. If the property value is above this threshold, SDLT is charged on the entire value.

Your system looks well expensive !
Regards Jim

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
They increased everything, the registration, taxes and handing tickets right and left. I just paid $300 and attended 4 hours driving school because i was doing 91mph in a 70mph zone. I don't blame the cop as i was going faster than the posted speed limit. :)
Hi Adam,
don't do the crime if you cannot afford the time :) but would the be 70 UK miles or US miles ... there is a chance you could have been within the 10% we are (sometimes) given
Regards Jim

·
Registered
1 Posts
speed traps

Many people do not have cash just sitting in an account waiting to get used, so it can be very hard whenever you get a speeding ticket in the mail. There are a lot of speed traps on there, particularly if you are on a journey. Get more data at: "Speed trap cameras around"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts