738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one was hard work !!

The dam lift axle didn't work too well .... I guess I should stick to bikes lol
Regards Jim

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
What I LOVE about Europe is that a Mercedes is just another car/ work vehicle. In this case it's a garbage truck. Here (in the US), most people take care of their Benz like it's a part of their family :doh:

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I LOVE about Europe is that a Mercedes is just another car/ work vehicle. In this case it's a garbage truck. Here (in the US), most people take care of their Benz like it's a part of their family :doh:
Hi Chris,
Who would want to take care of an 18 tonne RCV ? I have some photo's of where the dam thing sank on the land fill, because the lift axle didn't lift .... nice shots wall to wall nappies (daipers) and dog poo wraped around the back of it !!!!
Regards Jim

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
I know, a truck like that should be used and abused. But besides it costing a pretty penny to have one of those, I'm sure the US would hate to spend that kind of money on a truck like that just so it can be used to haul away garbage

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Chris
I just re-read .... the truck was not a merc and is a seddon (the badge looks the same) but we do have Merc RCV's like this one

they still suffer on the land fill !!
Regards Jim

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, I really thought the original picture was a Benz. But since you still have them as work trucks, my point stands :)
Yep we still do
so I can drive a merc any day and perhaps trash it ... so I could say the company vehicle is a merc when out talking to office based staff lol it's cool to drive the big company cars (trucks) both Seddon & Mercs cost shed loads of money and get well stuck on land fill
Regards Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts