Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you guys/gals up to this weekend? Any big plans? Post 'em UP! Also fill us in on anything fun, weird, exciting that happend to you over the weekend.

I got nothing special planned.
Saturday - just do an oil change on mine and the wifey's car, then go to the shed and change out the oil and coolant on the '07 R6 and finish it up.
Sunday - whatever's not finished on the '07 will get finished today before noon because after that it's NFL time

What are YOU up to?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Turnin' Wrenches on my kid's XR......then makin' a shopping list for parts.:ermm:
Got a bonus coming in December.....hopefully I'll have enough to upgrade the exhaust a bit.:riding:

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
We are planning on going to watch the air show this Saturday. Sunday usually is relaxation day for me.

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Going to a wedding on Saturday. that is about it.
Weddings are painful. The last one I went to, we had to get kicked out of the restaurant because it was 4am and the place wanted to charge the groom and bride an extra $200/hour so we went back to their place and kept partying (Polish for drinking ourselves silly) til about noon. Needless to say, Sunday was not a fun day

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Well Staurday I'm off street cleaning @ 4:00 am .. bacon sarnie by 8:00 am home by 10:00 am .... down the repair shop by 11:00 am and repair some old bikes till 3:00 pm then down the pub by 4:00pm .. Sunday it's the mother in laws :)
Regards Jim

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
When is your birthday? 16 yrs!! god damn, you making me feel old now haha. j/k
16 that was well back in the 70's you remember Donny & Marie and Mr Jackson in his true form .. 16th birthday party seems good to go to !
Regards Jim

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
16 that was well back in the 70's you remember Donny & Marie and Mr Jackson in his true form .. 16th birthday party seems good to go to !
Regards Jim
Heck ya man nobody knows how to party like high schoolers. Seems like since I started hanging out with all the seniors I get in trouble alot more lol.:doh: Thanks for all the hb guys. Come on down xzpolskix we will teach ya how the southern people party!!!

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Heck ya man nobody knows how to party like high schoolers. Seems like since I started hanging out with all the seniors I get in trouble alot more lol.:doh: Thanks for all the hb guys. Come on down xzpolskix we will teach ya how the southern people party!!!
lol
How was the party? Any good stories?

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
lol
How was the party? Any good stories?
a few KFC's & root beers or was it a bit more than that ?
Regards Jim

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Any big plans this weekend guys? Anything good going down?
I got the same this as last weekend..... work on bike then relax and watch the NFL on Sunday

·
Registered
82 Posts
Spanner-Twirlin' on the bikes again as well......

Only 1 more month till the ICE Speedway races come town......can't wait!:riding:

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
This week is deer season and I got one down opening morning!!!! Quarting away shot to the heart and out the other shoulder. He ran maybe 10 feet and went down hard. Now I got now exuse to skip out on my woman ha ha. Anyway 75 yard shot free hand with a heavy as hell bull barrel so I'm proud of myself. It was a 8 point that is now 6 cause he broke some g's off fighting.

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
:ermm: Racing on the ice in what?
on speedway bikes

well worth watching
I normally see cinder speedway though
not too much ice & snow here
Regards Jim

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Another great start to the weekend!

Story-

My buddies car has some serious technical issues and has been at the mechanic's for about 2 weeks now. Since me and my wifey both have a car, I decided to loan my buddy my car for the time being. Well, with winter coming I wanted to put on a set of new tires so the car will at the very least semi-grip. So I took the car from him Friday night and brought it home. Called a local tire shop and asked them about the tires I was looking at (if they had them in stock and if they would honor a lower price that I found at tirerack.com). The guy I spoke with said yes, he has the tires and will give me the lower price. All good so far so I made an appointment for 8:15am on Saturday.
So I get to the tire shop at a little after 8am and since I have an appoinment, my car will be the next one in the bay. No problem. I pay for the tires and install - comes out to a little over $400 (about as much as I figured). About halfway into the install, I double check to make sure that they are honoring the lower price I found online and the guy checks and says yes.
Car gets done in about 20 minutes so that great. When I come out to get the keys, one of the installers is having a hard time getting the center cap onto the wheel. No big deal, I'm sure they know what they're doing. They put the cap on and I leave to get an alignment at Firestone which is only a few miles away.
On my way to Firestone, the steering wheel is shaking like a motherfcuker (guessing they did a shitty job of balancing the wheels). I get to Firestone, look and one of my center caps are missing off my rim. Then when I look a little closer, the FCUKERS put on the WRONG TIRES. I wanted AST tires, instead they installed ASX tires. I call them back and douche #1 answers and says, why do you want the AST's? Those are summer tires and the ASX's are all season. I figure that he knows whats up so I feel like an idiot. Go inside, get my alignment done and leave.
Still don't feel right, so I go to my store and go online and sure enough I was right. When I get to my store, I look and now another center cap is missing. Both the AST's and ASX's are all season (according to tirerack.com and the company's site where I had the tires installed). I'M PISSED. I go back and tell them I got a few problems. First, I got the wrong tires installed. Second, 2 center caps fell off. Third, the wheels are not even CLOSE to being balanced.
The guy goes "oh yea, I talked to you on the phone. The AST's are SUMMER tires. That means that they won't handle for crap in the snow." I GO OFF! "Well, according to both tirerack.com and YOUR site, they are all season so quit the shit and swap my tires." A manager comes up and tries to calm me down and then they both go "well just so you know the ASX's are MUCH better tires than the AST's". I have had ASX's before and didn't like them so I wanted to try out a different set. Plus the AST's got better reviews.
Finally after 5 minutes, the guys give in and get me the tires I want and say they'll order me the caps for free. Plus I guess they got a better installer cause after I left, the steering wheel no longer shakes at all.
NOT COOL, all I wanted was to get my tires changed and instead had to write a novel about what happened. WTF?!

cliffnotes:
-buddy's car is down so he is driving my car temporarily
-I pick up my car Friday so I can change out the tires for the winter on Saturday
-Call on Friday and make a reservation for the tire change and get them to match the price with Tirerack.com since TR is cheaper
-Get in on Saturday at 8am and leave around 8:30am
-On my way to get an alignment, the steering wheel is shaking so I figure I'll go back and have them rebalance the tires
-Get to Firestone for the alignment, and notice that one center cap is missing of my rim and then when I look closer, I GOT THE WRONG TIRES INSTALLED
-Call the tire place and tell them I wanted AST's instead of ASX's but the guy says that AST's are summer only tires so I tell them about the center cap missing and they say to come in and they will order another one for free
-Do the alignment, leave and go to my store to check into the tires where I look again, and another cap is missing WTF?!
-After looking it up on TR.com and they company where I installed the tires' site, both say that the AST's are all season
-I go back PISSED, and the same guy on the phone has the balls to tell me I'm wrong
-After telling him that even HIS site says they are all season, he says the site is wrong
-After a few minutes, they finally agree to swap out the tires and order me the new caps at no charge

WAYYYYYY too many problems with just a SIMPLE tire change

1 - 20 of 61 Posts