Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
the Yamaha Twin jet aka Yamaha YL1 is great I'm looking to buy one has anyone got one in a shed or barn somewhere ? If I can get one you will see an amazing resto on a classic two stroke
Regards Jim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Twin Jet

I have a twin Jet I am in the process of restoring, so I keep an eye out for them, and for parts. I live in Seattle, and a surprising amount of them come up on Craig's list here. Let me know if yo have not found one yet, and I will notify you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
About 15 years ago I saw a kid in the country riding a neat bike. About a week later I come by again and the bike is for sale. He said the oil line broke and the engine seized. He stopped the bike immediately. Because it was broke now he sold it to me for $25! I threw it in the back of my truck and took it home. I live in an upstairs apartment so I took the wheels off and carried it upstairs. I took the heads off and one piston was cracked enough so the bottom separated and fell off. The cylinder walls were o.k. As things turned out, I took the engine apart and it sat in boxes for 15 years. Now the bike is popular as anything and I am slowly trying to put it back together. I've just about cleaned everything(I didn't mention that most of the parts had accumulated a coating of rust,dust and leaves). I intend to put the bike together as is, up to the heads and pistons and fix those last. remember the bike was in running condition until it stopped. I hope I will be able to use this site for help along the way, and maybe my experiences can help another. I intend to upload some pictures of my progress.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts