Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,
this is the Yamaha MS50 Pop Gal

Anyone any ideas why it was so called (Pop Gal) ?
Has anyone got one they don't want any more ?
Answers on a post card to .....
Regards Jim

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Definitely looks like a girlie bike. Much like bicycles, doesn't have the middle frame so that's my guess as to why it's called the pop GAL

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely looks like a girlie bike. Much like bicycles, doesn't have the middle frame so that's my guess as to why it's called the pop GAL
not quite right ... I'll wait for a few more (perhaps) replies before I post the answer
Regards Jim

·
Registered
82 Posts
Looks like a Hair-Dresser's 2-wheeler with what appears to be the same drivetrain as the PW50 :ermm:

My guess.....it's a :ballerina: bike that goes POP if you rev it to hard? :bike:

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like a Hair-Dresser's 2-wheeler with what appears to be the same drivetrain as the PW50 :ermm:

My guess.....it's a :ballerina: bike that goes POP if you rev it to hard? :bike:
Well this is were the PW50 engine came from or to be exact it came from
which was a few years before the pop gal....
every one give up ?
Regards Jim

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Belated Answer

Hi All,
the Pop Gal was so called because of the 'compact' mirror and place to store lip stick & other Girl stuff next to the speedo ... the idea was withdrawn as the hinge was below standard
Regards Jim

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But the MS50E was a good old tool ... as long as you remembered to keep your lippy in the box next to the speedo !
Regards Jim

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
lol, that's funny. anybody else got his lippy box? interesting fact Jim thank you for sharing.

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol, that's funny. anybody else got his lippy box? interesting fact Jim thank you for sharing.
or with the slots provided it could have been feminine hygiene holders .. I guess not as you would not need a mirror ???:ermm:
Regards Jim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts