Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured there's enough of them around for us to start a thread about them

Here's a story I saw on Yahoo!:
WoW for the WIN!

Cliffnotes:
Drug dealer had a warrant issued for his arrest in connection to drugs
US Marshals couldn't find him, but got a tip that he was in Canada
Another tip came in that he played World of Warcraft
Cops got a subpoena to Blizzard Entertainment who gave up the guys IP address, billing address, screen name and preferred game server
Drug dealer = Busted!
:banghead:

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Local Story

Cliffs:
21 year old guy got robbed and had his partially rhinestone-studded jacket stolen from him
Monday a 30 year old man was arrested by Chicago police when he was seen wearing the jacket on a public street

How stupid can these people get? On the other hand, how important was the jacket that cops knew about it and actually caught someone that was wearing it? :lol:

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Haha that's funny. I remember a friend of mine a while ago used to download movies online, all the time. I warned him: dude you are downloading too many movies. him: so what? dude your ISP will report you if you are using/consuming too much bandwidth, it's usually a sign of downloading movies, softwares, etc him: you are just crazy.. you think i'm the only one? dude you might be not the only one but you are downloading stuff like crazy and thats all what you do online! him: well i like to download free stuff and burn it on cds.. i sell copies to my friends and make few bucks to smoke weed.. guess what 3 months later he came online: Adam you were right I had the fbi knocking on my door, they took my computer and checked everysingle cd... i'm glad i took all my burned stuff to my sister's house last week cos im moving in with her... how the hell they know? dude i told you how 3 months ago and you didn't believe me, now consider yourself lucky cos if they found just one software let's say photoshop, adobe will sue your ass and you will get a fine that only google can afford to pay. Adam i'm so glad i installed linux and of course format my hard drive cos i had all the softwares installed. dude you should go celebrate your new birthday lol

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's messed up. Looks like you saved his a$$.
But next time, cliffnotes are a mans best friend :lol::lol:

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Totally forgot about this thread. Story from a few weeks ago:

Local story

Story:
A man who received a parking ticket in Bartlett now faces criminal charges after authorities said he stained the citation with human excrement before mailing it back to the village.

Officials said Alexander J. Bailey, 22, of the 6N600 block of Medinah Road in Medinah, was arrested last week charged with disorderly conduct after a village hall employee found brown stains and a foul odor on the ticket and alerted police, authorities said. The original ticket was for $15, Bartlett police said.

Bailey also scrawled a note on the ticket indicated he'd used it to wipe himself, court documents said.

Bailey posted $500 bail and is due back in Cook County Circuit Court on June 11.

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just seen this today:

Article

Jennifer LaPenta admits that if she'd known her T-shirt would land her in jail for two days, she probably wouldn't have bought it.

And she definitely wouldn't have worn it to court.

LaPenta, 20, was jailed this week by Lake County Associate Judge Helen Rozenberg who held her in contempt for wearing the T-shirt in her courtroom. It was emblazoned with the words: "I have the (slang for female body part) so I make the rules."
"The judge asked me if I thought the shirt was appropriate for the courtroom," LaPenta said. "I said I didn't think it was offensive but said I wouldn't have worn it if I was the defendant."

LaPenta, of Round Lake, said she offered to take the shirt off but that Rozenberg told her it was too late and was having her jailed for 48 hours for contempt of court.

"She just threw me in jail," LaPenta said. "I've never been arrested in my life. It was very embarrassing."

LaPenta said she wore the shirt to the gym for a workout and was asked by a friend to drive her to the courthouse in Waukegan so the friend could settle some minor traffic tickets. It wasn't long after she sat down that Rozenberg summoned her to the front of the courtroom and asked about the slogan.

When LaPenta was released from jail Tuesday, she called Park Ridge attorney Peter Kalagis, who said he hopes to discuss the issue with the Lake County Presiding Chief Judge Victoria Rossetti. Neither Rozenberg nor Rossetti could be reached Wednesday.

"I didn't mean to offend anybody," LaPenta said.
This is why people should dress up a little instead of wearing jeans and a t-shirt to court :lol:

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Twin switcheroo lands both brothers in jail
LARGO — It might sound like a grade school trick — one twin pretends to be another — except that in this case, it happened in Pinellas-Pasco Circuit Court.

And the imposter twin now has a six-month jail sentence.

Court officials say Matthew Benedict Mauceri, 40, was scheduled to stand trial on Tuesday morning on a charge of scheming to defraud, but apparently was having trouble getting to the courthouse on time.

Someone did show up for trial, but it was really Mauceri's twin brother Marcus. Fingerprints proved it.

Circuit Judge Joseph A. Bulone sentenced Marcus Mauceri to 179 days in jail for contempt of court. His brother also was being held in the Pinellas County Jail and now has a new trial date in July.

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Loot falls out of wig during questioning

A woman being questioned about a jewelry heist gave all the evidence Bay County deputies needed when she reluctantly removed her wig and a stash of pearls and gold fell out, newsherald.com of Panama City reports.

Investigators said they told Yomonica Deloach to take off the wig because she was “obsessively fidgeting” with her hair during questioning.

Deputies say her boyfriend, George Whitsett, tossed a concrete block through the door of Coin & Bullion in Panama City in February and escaped with about $10,000 in coins and jewelry, leaving a trail of spilled loot.

“Hopefully they won’t be revisiting us,” Coin & Bullion’s manager said.

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Man puts name on bank robbery note

Remember the bank robber who put a Walmart bag on his head as he walked in, drawing the attention of a customer who went to his car and grabbed gun to foil the heist?

Floyd Francis might have been captured soon anyway, since he passed the teller a note with his name on it (supposedly, he spelled his name right, though the rest of the note — “put di money innah di Bag” — makes that seem unlikely).

According to OrlandoSentinel.com, the note also said “I am a son of God,” and after his arrest he told the police that Jesus told him to “go get money this morning, today.”

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Story

A recent visit from a real-life Goldilocks left a Naperville couple wondering, who's been soaking in our hot tub?

The alleged culprit: Brian J. Haney, a 30-year-old Lisle resident who, for reasons unknown, parked his car in the couple's driveway and knocked at their window before stripping naked and submerging himself in their outdoor hot tub, according to Naperville police.

Police quickly fished Haney out of the water, Sgt. Gregg Bell said Friday. A drunken and genuinely perplexed Haney then "asked officers what the problem was," Bell said.

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Link to story

Two teenage boys have been charged with a burglary in Northlake after police found a high school detention slip inside the home of the victim.

Video-game systems, games, a 50-inch plasma TV, stereo equipment and about $2,000 in jewelry were stolen from the home earlier this month.

The burglars loaded the items into the victim's vehicle, dropped off the items in Franklin Park and returned the vehicle, said Detective Jay Millitello.

While investigating the scene, Northlake police found a detention slip from West Leyden High School with the address of a teenager.

Police found the stolen items at the teen's address, Millitello said.

Jose L. Villagomez, 17, of Franklin Park, was charged with residential burglary. A 16-year-old male, who was unidentified, was charged as a juvenile.

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Link to story

Police: Romeoville man lied about stolen wallet hoping to get ride home

Joliet Police dispatched eight squads Tuesday to search around Union Station for four men who had robbed a 26-year-old Romeoville man of his wallet.

But Deputy Police Chief Mike Trafton said the search was called off when the complainant’s girlfriend “admitted he made the whole thing up.”

That admission prompted the man, Houston Taylor — who still had the wallet on him — to say he filed the report “after he got off the train and didn’t have enough money to get back,” Trafton said.

The man was in the Will County Adult Detention Facility today in lieu of $3,000 bail on a charge of making a false report to 911, a misdemeanor.

“Instead of getting a ride to Romeoville,” Trafton said, “he got a ride to the Will County jail.”

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not really a criminal, but qualifies for stupid :lol:

Link to story

Cops: Man playing real-life 'Frogger' hit by SUV

CLEMSON, S.C. — A man has been hospitalized after police in South Carolina say he was hit by an SUV while playing a real-life version of the video game "Frogger."

Authorities said the 23-year-old man was taken to a hospital in Anderson after he was struck at around 9 p.m. Monday.

In the "Frogger" arcade game, players move frogs through traffic on a busy road and through a hazard-filled river. Before he was hit, police say the man had been discussing the game with his friends.

Chief Jimmy Dixon says the man yelled "go" and darted into oncoming traffic in the four-lane highway.

No charges are expected against the driver. The name of the man who was struck has not been released. He was in stable condition Monday night.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Three Louisiana guys had been robbing a house one afternoon, and everything was going according to plan…until the youngest one (16 years old) got stuck in the attic. Panicked, he immediately called his mother to inform her of his situation. But according to WAFB, it was actually a neighbor who alerted the police of the break-in. Looks like someone’s grounded…

·
Registered
10 Posts
One morning in Canada, a man entered Starbucks after making small talk with some police officers who happened to be outside. (Possibly trying to break their Dunkin’ Donuts addiction?) All seemed normal until the man got the bright idea to try and rob Starbucks. He ran ahead in line, cutting the policemen, and threw coffee in the poor barista’s face. He then demanded all the money in the cash register. The police were slow to react, shocked by the stupidity of the occurrence. Nevertheless, this caffeinated crook was arrested on the spot.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts