Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I have never changed a sprocket on anything besides a bicycle before in my life. Like I stated before. I'm new to the whole riding scene. But I ordered a new front sprocket for the Rappy (dropped a tooth to 13), and it should be here tomorrow. I was wandering if anybody has any tips to possibly speed up the install process, or save me some heartache. Am I going to need any special tools? Thanks in advance everybody!

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think one of my friends has an air tool set that I can use. Thanks for the advice Maverick!

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I finally gathered up the energy to install my new sprocket, case saver, and tension my chain. All that waiting for 20 minutes worth of work. I didn't feel like waiting for my friend to get off work for his air tools (plus I doubt he had a socket that size) so I just used an adjustable wrench. Needless to say, I have me some bloody knuckles, lol. I can see why it would have been easier using air tools like MOTOCROSS MAVERICK mentioned. I also ordered my PC5 from TQS yesterday. Can't wait for that!

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just kept the back tires on the ground and set the e-brake and it held up good. I even kept it in neutral. I still need to get suited up and take it for a test ride :bike: oh darn, haha

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
That works too. My YFZ is a pain I have to use air. It will just keep turning over. Ya that would not be good mile down the road and the sprocket flies off! LOL :oops:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts