Yamaha Forums banner

Some people of Walmart! LOL

15K views 34 replies 7 participants last post by  Adam 
#1 ·

That’s so weird. I was just asking myself “Hey, I wonder if that guy drinks too much or needs to store fuel to please his woman that he constantly has sex with?” Thanks for clearing that up for all of us, it would have been awkward if I had to ask.

Early cloning method failures.

How did this guy find my Osh Kosh B’gosh overalls from when I was 4?

Yeah this may seem odd here, but what you don’t see is Sonic grabbing some mac-n-cheese, so its really not that weird.

It’s simple: We, uh, killed Batman.

“Where the hell is the cereal aisle?”

See less See more
#4 ·
I figured you wouldnt get it Jim. I will explain for you. Walmart is a giant store that has everything for around the house. I dont know what you have in the UK that is comparable, but I am sure you do. Well Walmart attracks all kinds of people, including a lot of ******** as you see. and there is a web site that is dedicated to the crazy people that shop at Walmart. As you can see these people are out of their minds some how. We as normal people take pictures of these crazy looking people and post them on the web site to have a laugh. LOL you cant help but look at those people and say what are they thinking. LOL

#30 ·
Link to story from Yahoo

Black people must leave, NJ Walmart announcer says
Blacks must leave store, NJ Walmart announcer says, upsetting customers; company investigates

WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) -- A Walmart store announcement ordering black people to leave brought chagrin and apologies Wednesday from leaders of the company, which has built a fragile trust among minority communities.

A male voice came over the public-address system Sunday evening at a store in Washington Township, in southern New Jersey, and calmly announced: "Attention, Walmart customers: All black people, leave the store now."

Shoppers in the store at the time said a manager quickly got on the public-address system and apologized for the remark. And while it was unclear whether a rogue patron or an employee was responsible for the comment, many customers expressed their anger to store management.

"I want to know why such statements are being made, because it flies in the face of what we teach our children about tolerance for all," said Sheila Ellington, who was in the store at the time with a friend. "If this was meant to be a prank, there's only one person laughing, and it's not either one of us."

Ellington, of Monroe, and her friend Patricia Covington said they plan to boycott the retailer until they're assured the issue has been addressed so it doesn't happen again.

The pair said they were stunned when they heard the announcement and initially believed they had misheard it. But once the words sank in, they grew angry.

"I depended on Walmart for all my needs, because the store has pretty much everything you could want," Covington said. "But until this issue is addressed in a way I'm comfortable with, I can't walk through those doors again."

Officials with Wal-Mart Stores Inc., based in Bentonville, Ark., said that the announcement was "unacceptable" and that they're trying to determine who made it and how it happened.

"We are just as appalled by this incident as our customers," the company said in a statement. "Whoever did this is just wrong and acted in an inappropriate manner. Clearly, this is completely unacceptable to us and to our customers."

This is not the first time the retailer has faced such problems.

There have been several past instances of black customers claiming they were treated unfairly at Walmart stores, and the company faced lawsuits alleging that women were passed over in favor of men for pay raises and promotions.

In February 2009, the retailer paid $17.5 million to settle a class action lawsuit alleging racial discrimination in its hiring of truck drivers.

And the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission sued the company in May 2009, claiming some Hispanic employees at a Sam's Club subsidiary in California were subjected to a hostile work environment. That suit alleges managers failed to stop repeated verbal harassment, including the use of derogatory words, against employees of Mexican descent.

However, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People has said the company has worked hard in recent years to show it cares about diversity.

Bill Mitchell, a former Walmart employee who was shopping Wednesday at the store, said that he was saddened to hear about the announcement but that "as a black man, I've heard worse things."

As customer Sharon Osbourne, of Williamstown, left the store Wednesday, she called the announcement "appalling, stupid and sad."
This is not gonna end well for Wal-Mart :doh2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.