Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was lurking around the net and found this pictures:

Interesting to see how Yamaha has changed through the years.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would love to have one of those RD's...Had a Bridgestone 250 long time ago.

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
I got a guy that comes into my store that is selling a 1975 RD60 but since I'm working on the '07 R6 I'm not gonna have the money til spring. If he's still got it then, then I'll probably take it off his hands

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
I got a guy that comes into my store that is selling a 1975 RD60 but since I'm working on the '07 R6 I'm not gonna have the money til spring. If he's still got it then, then I'll probably take it off his hands
Hi Chris
forget the R6 just get a Twin Jet (YL1) it does most things (100 mph) but was a bit more of a handful than the R6 .. I could write for hours on the subject but if you can find one you will find out ....
Regards Jim
YL1 :-
100cc two stroke twin fitted into a YG1/FB5/FS1 frame & suspension, it's light weight gave a good power to weight ratio allowing the bike to out perform bikes twice it's size ... but ok it looks naff now :notetoself: don't bang on about old Yam's :)

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
I think we have one of those RS100 in the garage just sitting. We messed with it maybe 10 years ago and it ran . . . if that's what you wanna call it. Probably won't even try to start now.

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
I think we have one of those RS100 in the garage just sitting. We messed with it maybe 10 years ago and it ran . . . if that's what you wanna call it. Probably won't even try to start now.
Hi MTR
just clean the carb out (sonic if you can get it done), some new fuel and decoke the exhaust & I'll guess it will go ... unless the engine has locked up over the last decade !
Regards Jim

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Some others
T80 Townmate 1983

no home should be without one (lol)
YG1K 1965

looks the same as the YL1
FS1E 1977

modern version of YG1
FS1 1990

this one is mine half way through a resto

·
Registered
36 Posts
Here's a bike I found in a garage at a client's house. I hung some curtains for it. I bought it to teach my girlfriend to ride. It had 5k original miles and had been stored in the garage since 1983. Rebuilt the carb, new tires and tune up and she runs like a champ. It's a 1980 Yamaha Exciter 250. I litterly got it from a little old lady. She was the original owner. Tina learned to ride and I sold it to a 73 year old man that rides the hell out of it now. I see it on the road all the time. Fealt good to bring the ole girl back to life.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
Hi MTR
just clean the carb out (sonic if you can get it done), some new fuel and decoke the exhaust & I'll guess it will go ... unless the engine has locked up over the last decade !
Regards Jim
Yea I know i've just never pulled it out to do it. Just don't have much intrest in it since it's been beat to hell. I more interested in the 350x next to it:riding:
but i guess that's just cause I'm into the off road stuff. Is it worth anything?

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Yea I know i've just never pulled it out to do it. Just don't have much intrest in it since it's been beat to hell. I more interested in the 350x next to it:riding:
but i guess that's just cause I'm into the off road stuff. Is it worth anything?
Hi
I guess we have gone off topic see them pm
Regards Jim

·
Registered
28 Posts
my uncles has a rd200 just like that purple and white one... and it is just about as nice of shape.... i rode it a few months ago when he bought it for $100 at a yard sale.... its pretty wild riding a 2 stroke streetbike hahaha

·
Registered
66 Posts
79 yz400

my uncle had one for a while and it was insane

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
my uncles has a rd200 just like that purple and white one... and it is just about as nice of shape.... i rode it a few months ago when he bought it for $100 at a yard sale.... its pretty wild riding a 2 stroke streetbike hahaha
Hi Tyler
I guess it's a CS3E and not an RD200
RD200A

CS3E

But I guess there was very little difference between the 2 with the exception of the RD version being a bit more reliable and the CS3 having a bit more acceleration & top end
Regards Jim

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Hmm just wondering

if the Red zone on the speedo is the operating zone any less than that you could walk quicker :)
Regards Jim

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Tyler
I guess it's a CS3E and not an RD200
RD200A

CS3E

But I guess there was very little difference between the 2 with the exception of the RD version being a bit more reliable and the CS3 having a bit more acceleration & top end
Regards Jim
yeah i dont know much about it all i know is it looks exactly like the purple one hahaha

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Hi Tyler,
not a problem so I guess a CS & not an RD
Regards Jim

·
Registered
82 Posts
here's the bike of "The King" Kenny !! La TZ750 Dirt Track 1975.....
The Legendary "Beast".....
After beating Harley's famed Wrecking Crew for the GNC in '75......
He was once quoted as stating that "Yamaha don't pay me enough to ride that Beast!"

Hard to fathum hangin' onto a 140hp bike......SlideWays into the corners! :riding:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts