Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hood Gesture Bumper Finger Automotive exterior

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Bumper
Hello at first, I'm new here :)
second: i search that plug, or more precisely the male version that would plug into this one. I would like to build me a mosfet switch since on this plug there's ignition switched 12V that i would like to use to switch the mosfets. Anyone got an idea what this plug is for? Ir the name/link of this?

thanks,
Regards chempner

· Super Moderator
564 Posts
View attachment 2779

View attachment 2778 Hello at first, I'm new here :)
second: i search that plug, or more precisely the male version that would plug into this one. I would like to build me a mosfet switch since on this plug there's ignition switched 12V that i would like to use to switch the mosfets. Anyone got an idea what this plug is for? Ir the name/link of this?

thanks,
Regards chempner
Good one.
I would simply tie into the switched wire. Probably just cut it a ways back, solder and heat shrink to it.

· Registered
2 Posts
When they build a Vehicle, they may make multiple models of said vehicle with different options as well as different luxury levels like Heated seats for example, the wiring harness they use will have all the same connections no matter the model, there just won't be that optional extra that requires the plug.
It could also be a left over from the design stage where a planned option was not seen as a benefit, but they already ordered the wiring harnesses and so, there may be one or more plugs never used.
My Car was the top of the line model back in 2008, it has many orphan plugs that were probably for lesser options or also ideas that brought the car to a price that people may not have paid for.
There will always be a power and most times an earth so that what ever option would work, not much point to have a wiring plug with no power feed :).

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When they build a Vehicle, they may make multiple models of said vehicle with different options as well as different luxury levels like Heated seats for example, the wiring harness they use will have all the same connections no matter the model, there just won't be that optional extra that requires the plug.
It could also be a left over from the design stage where a planned option was not seen as a benefit, but they already ordered the wiring harnesses and so, there may be one or more plugs never used.
My Car was the top of the line model back in 2008, it has many orphan plugs that were probably for lesser options or also ideas that brought the car to a price that people may not have paid for.
There will always be a power and most times an earth so that what ever option would work, not much point to have a wiring plug with no power feed :).
Well yeah thanks for your reply but i didn't ask what this plug is for but what type of plug it is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts