Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody use this? I just bought a case of it (since I need to change the oil on both my bikes) and it cost me a pretty penny. I've heard that it's some of the best stuff out there but just wondering what you guys have heard or even better personally experienced yourselves.

I'll hopefully let you know next week when the '07 will be put together finally and I'll be able to take it for a test spin

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
It works great in that camaro in my signature. It's great for high porformance stuff (such ass your bikes). Never tried it in any of my quads. Does Yamalube make a street bike formula?

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
...It's great for high porformance stuff (such ass your bikes)...
Huh?
And yea, Yamalube makes stuff for the SS but a buddy runs it in his car and loves it and changed it out on his bike once (can't do it anymore since he totalled out the bike and no longer rides) and loved it then too. I'm more or less hoping to run something different than Yamalube.
Have heard about Amsoil too, but I guess I'm hoping to try something new that is good

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
Huh?
And yea, Yamalube makes stuff for the SS but a buddy runs it in his car and loves it and changed it out on his bike once (can't do it anymore since he totalled out the bike and no longer rides) and loved it then too. I'm more or less hoping to run something different than Yamalube.
Have heard about Amsoil too, but I guess I'm hoping to try something new that is good
Sorry I'm really bad a typing. I got ridding skills but my computer skills are lacking alot.:ermm:

·
Registered
53 Posts
AMSOIL and Royal Purple make excellent products. The different IMO is that AMSOIL has been around since 1972 and started the whole synthetic revolution. They have 37 yrs of technology behind their products.

RP recently got slapped for misleading claims, read on...

Truth in Advertising: BP v. Royal Purple

btw Wall mart now carry RP :)

7 Posts
AMSOIL and Royal Purple make excellent products. The different IMO is that AMSOIL has been around since 1972 and started the whole synthetic revolution. They have 37 yrs of technology behind their products.

RP recently got slapped for misleading claims, read on...

Truth in Advertising: BP v. Royal Purple

btw Wall mart now carry RP :)
One of the biggest problems with Royal Purple is that is shears back a full Viscosity grade in the first Sequence of a 3 sequence test possibly leaving your engine with less protection.

AMSOIL M/C Products will hold a stable viscosity throughout their service life of 2 X's OEM Drain Intervals.

Through oil analysis, I am over 10,000 miles on a change interval as long as I use the AMSOIL EA Oil Filter.

Oil, is the LifeBlood of your engine. The oil filter, is the Kidney that keeps it clean.

I am currently offering discounted prices on all AMSOIL Products, to Forum Members, with no clubs ot programs to join.

The Best isn't cheap,
Cheap isn't The Best !

Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts