• Why

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I have just purchased a 2018 WR250R and I need to replace the 2 rear turn signal lights.
The ones on the bike now have 2 wires going to them and act as turn signals only.
The ones on the front have 3 wires and act as running lights AND turn signals.

My question is WHY ?
The replacement lights I bought have 3 wires and I could tap into the hot lead for the tail light,
and have both rear running lights AND turn signals.

SO, I'm asking, has anyone done this ? Is it a good idea ?
Do you think that the 2 rear yellow running lights will "overpower" the tail light ?

This is a dual sport bike, but most of my riding will be on the road, and I'm looking for as much "safety" as I can get.

Best Regards,
Mike in Colorado

·
Registered
Way too many to list....
30 Posts
3 wires , running , turn , ground . Rear has 2 turn , ground . Just add a running wire , and a 2 filiment bulb ... Safety is a good thing ..... turn signal will be brighter if wired correctly ...

·
Administrator "Loose Nut" - From Houston, Texas
150 Posts
In my opinion the more rear lights the better. Cars coming up from behind always has me second guessing if they are going to stop, adding rear lights might help. Here's what I did to my 1100. Commuting in Houston I wanted more lights.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it took a while to get the parts in, but I found a full set of four clearance lights on evilbay, and I installed the new fronts on my rear end. Well actually the bike's rear end.......
Black is ground, green and brown are turn lights, and blue is clearance lights, so after tapping into the licence plate light with the 2 blue wires, because I did not want to interfere with the tail or brake light system, I now have rear clearance lights. They are the same intensity as the fronts and don't "overpower" the tail or brake lights. I'm a happy camper...............
Mike in Colorado
Light Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Flooring

1 - 5 of 5 Posts