Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, whats going on? I havent introduced myself but my names Brett. :howdy: Ill be on here just as much as I am on other forums. Ok, ok enough talking, heres my ride. I picked it up for $2,600 from a guy who didnt take that greatest care of it. Its a 2003 Raptor 660r with mods (after I'm done with it) :applause:

The first day I bought it :doh:
Man it was dirty!

When I first got it, I was so excited but after a while stuff had to be done.

I cleaned it up good but it was still not enough, SOOOOOO REBUILD!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Amazing how similar those are to my XT6...minus the water pump & dual carbs
Had my eyes peeled for a Raptor motor for my SuMo....for awhile now.

Cool project!....& Welcome to the forum.:howdy:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice project. Keep us posted on what you do to it.

And welcome to the forum Brett, I'm chris
Thanks Chris. Nice to meet you and by the way the projects done :doh: I'm just uploading all the pics. Give me a few and they will all be up!:doh::doh:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok well since the back plastic was beat to shit, look really closely it was time for a little makeover again. I went trail riding at my friends for a whole day, got home, took it out for a quick spin and found out my upper a-arm ball joints were blown! (from the 400* heat from powdercoating) Thank god I found it! SOOOOOO! I order brand new +2 Lonestar Racing a-arms, +4 g-force axle, and raptor 700 plastic!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Shes DONE!!! (for now) ahaha. Ordering my nerf bars, razr Mx front tires, works shocks and a few other goodies soon.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Came a long way from the 1st day. Looks REALLY good
Once again, thanks Chris, I appreciate it. Alot of time and money was put into this bike, and now, its just about perfect. Ill get some more pics when i get the nerf bars and tires.:dribble::comic12:

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Maybe it's cause I'm a junkie, but I love to see what people can do with some free time. Takes a lot of time and dedication to rebuild something, and especially what you did (pretty much ground up). Put up some pics in the garage so other members/guests can see it when they scroll through the forum garage

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah I love rebuilding stuff and since I'm only 15 my parents get a kick out of it. I rebuilt my blaster when I was only 13 and I ripped apart my first motor when I was 12 and successfully put it back together and it ran. Thats a good idea, thanks bro.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts