Yamaha Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend picked up an 06 raptor 350 for $800 a few months back, we just got to looking at it. He bought a replacement carb cheap on eBay, we replaced the main jet with a dynojet 128 and put it back together. Thing basically doesn’t allow you to give any throttle. I’m very new to carbs and trying to figure it out but I don’t really know where to go from here. Quad is completely stock. Main jet is 128. After about 1/8 throttle it bogs out and shuts off. Where do I start?

·
Registered
327 Posts
My friend picked up an 06 raptor 350 for $800 a few months back, we just got to looking at it. He bought a replacement carb cheap on eBay, we replaced the main jet with a dynojet 128 and put it back together. Thing basically doesn’t allow you to give any throttle. I’m very new to carbs and trying to figure it out but I don’t really know where to go from here. Quad is completely stock. Main jet is 128. After about 1/8 throttle it bogs out and shuts off. Where do I start?
Did you replace the jet before you even tried the new carb? If so try it with the original.

How does it act with the choke on? If better most likely it's lean.

Is the needle for the main jet (on the slide) adjustable? You could move it UP a notch and see what happens. If it helps but doesn't fix it try 2 notches. Sometimes they use very small washer like shims to achieve the same thing. (more shims moves the needle up)

Make changes one at a time, this way you will know what works and what doesn't.

Just to mention, make sure it isn't spark. Could be the pickup coil for instance, I've seen them act like that.

You can use a spark checker or a screw driver if you are careful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My friend picked up an 06 raptor 350 for $800 a few months back, we just got to looking at it. new construction in dombivli east manpada
He bought a replacement carb cheap on eBay, we replaced the main jet with a dynojet 128 and put it back together. Thing basically doesn’t apartments in dadar allow Flats in Undri you to give any throttle. I’m very new to carbs and trying to figure it out but I don’t really know where to go from here. real estate companies in mumbai Quad is completely stock. Main jet is 128. After about 1/8 throttle it bogs out and shuts off. Where do I start?

Any Updates???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts