Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought new r1, power is incredible just wondering has any one done any mods yet and what horse power did they achieve as mine is still stock cheers.............

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Welcome to the Yamaha Forum!

No real advise from me, I'm sure you will get enough ...but GOOD GAWD...how can it need more power? :rofl:

Seriously..thats more than my car makes and almost as much as the SUV...and I'm looking at 2009 specs...I doubt they decreased the HP....

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Hi and Welcome to YF.

Aftermarket exhausts, air filters, velocity stacks, PC3, sprocket changes are just a few you can do. Oh P.R.M. It's the ONLY mod you'll ever need ...

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Like Techguy said:

-Full exhaust
-PCv or Bazzaz
-BMC air filter
-Velocity stacks

I wouldn't expect anything drastic, but I'm sure if it's tuned properly you can expect about a 10% increase if you're lucky. I know Akra says that if you put their exhaust on you will get max 8hp by putting on a full system but I'm not sure if that includes a tune or an aftermarket filter or anything like that.

Let us know what you end up installing on it and start up an intro thread to show us what you got

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Do yall do ecu upgrades like we do?
Not very common mainly because of 2 reasons:
1. Usually to get an aftermarket ecu it's a pretty hefty price so that drives a good amount of people away.
2. Most people will not get the use of it replacing/upgrading an ecu. It's great for people that get serious about tracking their bikes but otherwise it's not all that useful.

What most people will do is get a fuel management system like a PowerCommander or Bazzaz and that will add a few ponies and smooth out your power curve. For FI bikes, if someone adds a full system exhaust then it's mandatory since it's gonna modify how much air is coming through the piping. So if you don't play with the A/F ratio then the bike is gonna run bad.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Like Techguy said:

-Full exhaust
-PCv or Bazzaz
-BMC air filter
-Velocity stacks

I wouldn't expect anything drastic, but I'm sure if it's tuned properly you can expect about a 10% increase if you're lucky. I know Akra says that if you put their exhaust on you will get max 8hp by putting on a full system but I'm not sure if that includes a tune or an aftermarket filter or anything like that.

Let us know what you end up installing on it and start up an intro thread to show us what you got
That's a pretty accurate assessment. I installed an Akra EVO full SBK kti exhaust, the same one in the Yamaha catalog that's $3500, A PVC, Graves smog blockoffs and a dyno tune with full custom map. I picked up right around 8 hp at the top. The changes through the midrange were much greater though, right around 15hp at 6-8k rpm. It doesn't sound like much return on the money spent but the SOUND and weight loss make up for it! :cheers: :smirk:

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
That's a pretty accurate assessment. I installed an Akra EVO full SBK kti exhaust, the same one in the Yamaha catalog that's $3500, A PVC, Graves smog blockoffs and a dyno tune with full custom map. I picked up right around 8 hp at the top. The changes through the midrange were much greater though, right around 15hp at 6-8k rpm. It doesn't sound like much return on the money spent but the SOUND and weight loss make up for it! :cheers: :smirk:
PVC? How big a pipe? :p: j/k
Just out of curiosity, how much weight did you shed in the exhaust department by putting on a full ti system over stock?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts