Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have a yamaha r1 2005 with 70.000km on it. I have changed oem parts flywheel rotor stator that is common to fail on this model for safety issues. All good and well until 2 years later in this summer when it was bellow 20 degrees at night, in the morning when i fired up the bike it cranks by not fire up, second try it fired up for 1 sec then died, third time it fired up right away. All day long after that it will fire up right away until morning. I have changed the batery and the problem is still there. I have checked the charging, it shows 14,4 not a problem here. Batery stays at 12-13v in the morning. The funny thing is when i give my bike power from my girlfriend bike by cables it fires up right away.
Does anyone encounter this specific problem?
Sorry for my bad english, i m romanian.

·
Super Moderator
553 Posts
Hello. I have a yamaha r1 2005 with 70.000km on it. I have changed oem parts flywheel rotor stator that is common to fail on this model for safety issues. All good and well until 2 years later in this summer when it was bellow 20 degrees at night, in the morning when i fired up the bike it cranks by not fire up, second try it fired up for 1 sec then died, third time it fired up right away. All day long after that it will fire up right away until morning. I have changed the batery and the problem is still there. I have checked the charging, it shows 14,4 not a problem here. Batery stays at 12-13v in the morning. The funny thing is when i give my bike power from my girlfriend bike by cables it fires up right away.
Does anyone encounter this specific problem?
Sorry for my bad english, i m romanian.
This is a guess...
Sounds like it cranks well so the battery is fine.
My guess is the fuel injectors are a bit dirty letting them leak out over night. If it fires up every time after 3 tries I would just live with it.
Maybe try some fuel injector cleaner in the gas.
Of course be sure all else is good first, like fuel filter and spark plugs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the info. I solved the problem.
I bought at recomandation of the store a bad battery. Bad because it has only 140CCA and if the temp is down to 16 at night, in the morning it does not have the power too fire up the engine...for this engine is needed a battery with CCA +190, which i bought and now everything is fine. Of course the first store cand go f**** itself.
Cherrs. Hope to help others with the same problem.

·
Super Moderator
553 Posts
Thanks guys for the info. I solved the problem.
I bought at recomandation of the store a bad battery. Bad because it has only 140CCA and if the temp is down to 16 at night, in the morning it does not have the power too fire up the engine...for this engine is needed a battery with CCA +190, which i bought and now everything is fine. Of course the first store cand go f**** itself.
Cherrs. Hope to help others with the same problem.
Glad you got her fixed.
So did it crank nice and fast with the smaller battery? Just curious because your post sounded like it did??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts