Yamaha Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I have owned a 2008 Vstar 1100 Classic for 11 years. This past winter I had my home mechanic of 5 years replace the clutch. It was an upgrade from stock. I have ridden it four times this seaon and the clutch is blown!!! The brand new clutch! I had a rough first ride with it, as I am a die hard toe shifter, and he had adjusted the toe shift too low to fit my boot under. Also the clutch lever had no sweet spot, it was pretty much give it gas and completely let go of clutch, almost a clunk start up from a stop sign or light. By my fourth ride I had gotten used to the drastically different almost non existent micrometer of letting off on the clutch lever till it catches from where it was for years around halfway of letting clutch lever out, but it still wasnt right. I though it may needed to have the lever tweeked, but nothing serious. I never had an issue with my original clutch system in all the years I have owned it till it started to wear last season. My 4th ride yesterday was perfect on the way to my destination, no issues with shifting, was awsome. An hour later I came out to my cooled down bike and from the second I pulled out of the driveway the clutch started slipping, I didn't know at the time what it was because I had never experienced anything like it before, even the old one didn't do anything like this did. I tried to get home but every time I had to slow down for any reason it was very difficult to get it back up to speed, to the point where I had to get off the highway and get a tow. My mechanic looked at it after it was towed to his place, and he is telling me that it is driver error because new clutch is burned out. I am asking you all if you think him or I is at fault here. If I were to go to a bike repair shop would this be under warranty? How can I burn out a new clutch by not shifting properly when I have ridden that bike for years and had no problems going to my destination?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts