Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Link doesn't work. BUT I fail to see how replacing a stock clutch lever with an aftermarket will help in the stalling department. Since it's an 09 it should still be under warranty so I'd say take it in to your local dealership and MAKE them take a look at it and figure it out.
Is it a problem that happens EVERYDAY or is it an intermittent problem?

By the way
Welcome to the forum, post up some pics of your toy

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 09 VStar Classic and had the same problem took it to the dealer twice. I was told that it was normal. I changed to Royal Purple oil and it helped the problem a little. I was still not happy with the way it felt and the friction zone for the clutch still seemed short. I changed to the Clevver and WOW it makes a huge difference. The only time I have the problem now is driver error. It was well worth the money. Check ebay I bought mine for almost half what it is if you buy it from a retailer. JMO

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
I have a 09 VStar Classic and had the same problem took it to the dealer twice. I was told that it was normal. I changed to Royal Purple oil and it helped the problem a little. I was still not happy with the way it felt and the friction zone for the clutch still seemed short. I changed to the Clevver and WOW it makes a huge difference. The only time I have the problem now is driver error. It was well worth the money. Check ebay I bought mine for almost half what it is if you buy it from a retailer. JMO
Out of curiosity, the lever you bought was made by which company?

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
i dont see how a simple lever can increse the friction zone...
Kind of agree but then again you could just learn where the friction zone is and go from there. On my car, the stock clutch felt one way but then when I put in an aftermarket clutch the guy that put it on changed up the engage zone and I just got used to it.

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
I've just read this thread
let me get this right .... you replace just the lever into its oem holder, I guess it's canted a bit more over the oem lever and it works fine? ... but guys I guess if you don't know how to use a motorcycle clutch you should not be riding a bike at all. Is the lever too much for you to pull & control hence the after market lever to give less effort to the clutch lever ?... changing the oil and it gets better would suggest the bike is not being used as designed... I guess if I had a Vstar it would be stock & the clutch would not be an issue ... think back to when you started riding with the bad levers you had back then ... grow up !
Regards Jim

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
I've just read this thread
let me get this right .... you replace just the lever into its oem holder, I guess it's canted a bit more over the oem lever and it works fine? ... but guys I guess if you don't know how to use a motorcycle clutch you should not be riding a bike at all. Is the lever too much for you to pull & control hence the after market lever to give less effort to the clutch lever ?... changing the oil and it gets better would suggest the bike is not being used as designed... I guess if I had a Vstar it would be stock & the clutch would not be an issue ... think back to when you started riding with the bad levers you had back then ... grow up !
Regards Jim
What a JERK! :rofl:
Gotta love the "over the pond" sense of humor :moon:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well here os my $0.02 worth. The clutch lever is in fact a lever with a fulcrum (the pivot screw). If the distance between that screw and the point at which the clutch cable attached to the lever is decreased then it would take more throw in your lever to move the cable the same distance which makes the release zone effectively larger
In theory, you would have more leverage to operate it which would make the clutch easier to pull

1 - 14 of 14 Posts