Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently my pump stopped working, so I replaced it. It turned on fine the first 8 times of doing it. Now it’s not turning on again. Not really sure what it is. I turn the key, and hear the pump. Ride it a few miles to the store, go inside and when I get back on the bike I turn the key and the pump won’t turn on. It’s literally brand new, not even one hour on the pump. What can be the corporate to this problem?? I’m so out of ideas

·
Super Moderator
438 Posts
So recently my pump stopped working, so I replaced it. It turned on fine the first 8 times of doing it. Now it’s not turning on again. Not really sure what it is. I turn the key, and hear the pump. Ride it a few miles to the store, go inside and when I get back on the bike I turn the key and the pump won’t turn on. It’s literally brand new, not even one hour on the pump. What can be the corporate to this problem?? I’m so out of ideas
You need to test for power to the pump to be sure it's not the new pump quitting. Then from there whatever drives the pump (relay, ECM, bad connection)?
I really don't know off hand, need a service manual.
But if you can test for power when it should be on and it has it then it's your new pump.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts