Yamaha Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

I recently had a close call on my 2015 R1 after I threw a rod riding at highway speeds. I took it straight to the dealership and they've had it for about 2 months now trying to get Yamaha to warranty it through its extended warranty policy that is still active. They found out that the cause was a bolt backing out of the crank so it was completely internal. The bike was kept in great condition always using official Yamaha oil and oil filters. I'm freaking out now cause the total repair cost that they sent to Yamaha was $16,000 because they have to rebuild the entire engine since Yamaha doesn't ship out full engines. I wanted some conversation about this issue to help find some peace of mind with the entire situation. In y'alls opinion, do yall think Yamaha will fulfill the warranty claim? Again, they have had the bike in the shop for about 2 months now just going back and forth with Yamaha. The last update I got, the service manager told me that he spoke with a Yamaha engineer, sent in some more pictures and that he will be back in touch with them on Tuesday of next week. Let me know what y'all think! Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts