Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,
Today I was working on my 2007 YZ250F's engine that I am rebuilding when I noticed that the shaft that the oil pump drive gear goes on was a lot deeper in the case than it should've been. I wasn't able to put on the circlip after I put on the gear. I'm pretty sure that that must've happened when I was heating up my cases in the oven in order to put all the new bearings in. The problem is that at this point I would really prefer not to split the two cases again since I pretty much only need to do that oil pump drive gear, the right crankcase cover, the water pump, the oil filter and the clutch in order to be done with the bottom end. I was thinking about trying to heat the area around the shaft and pull it out a little with some pliers but before I do a terrible mistake and destroy the shaft I'd love to hear some feedback on that idea or possibly even hear some better ideas.
Thanks in advance
Simon

·
Super Moderator
452 Posts
Hello there,
Today I was working on my 2007 YZ250F's engine that I am rebuilding when I noticed that the shaft that the oil pump drive gear goes on was a lot deeper in the case than it should've been. I wasn't able to put on the circlip after I put on the gear. I'm pretty sure that that must've happened when I was heating up my cases in the oven in order to put all the new bearings in. The problem is that at this point I would really prefer not to split the two cases again since I pretty much only need to do that oil pump drive gear, the right crankcase cover, the water pump, the oil filter and the clutch in order to be done with the bottom end. I was thinking about trying to heat the area around the shaft and pull it out a little with some pliers but before I do a terrible mistake and destroy the shaft I'd love to hear some feedback on that idea or possibly even hear some better ideas.
Thanks in advance
Simon
looks like it has a clip on the other end that should be flush with the case. Can you get behind it and push/ pry? Have you tried to just grab it with plyers and twist/pull it out some? I bet it will move easier than you think, it's not likely pressed into the case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts