Yamaha Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had an accident and my 2003 V-star 1100 ended up laying on it's side still running in the street for a minute or two. I now have oil coming out of the intake. The engine has always been outstanding. Each time I change the oil, the oil will come out really clean with absolutely no discoloration. What would cause the oil to come out of the intake?

Please advise.

·
Administrator "Loose Nut" - From Houston, Texas
33 Posts
Some oil could have entered the breather tube when bike was on side. The breather tube goes into the air box. I'm sure that's what's happening. Take the tank off and clean oil out of air box. A little oil can seem like a lot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lesblank,

Thank you so much for your advice on cleaning out the air box. I dismantled it this morning and cleaned the oil from everything. Great time to clean and re-oil my air filter as well. Reassembled it all and went for a test ride. Viola! No more self oiling air cleaner.

Thanks again.
Don

·
Administrator "Loose Nut" - From Houston, Texas
33 Posts
Lesblank,

Thank you so much for your advice on cleaning out the air box. I dismantled it this morning and cleaned the oil from everything. Great time to clean and re-oil my air filter as well. Reassembled it all and went for a test ride. Viola! No more self oiling air cleaner.

Thanks again.
Don
Glad it worked out for you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts