Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the market for one of these shocks. Thought I'd look around for a used one before pulling the trigger.
Automotive lighting Line Font Screenshot Electronic device

·
Administrator "Loose Nut" - From Houston, Texas
150 Posts
Please use caution on all online purchases, not just here. There's been some fraud happening on another forum I'm a member of. Let's say someone posts they are looking for a part on the forum. You then receive a private message saying they have one or a reply to your post with an email. You work out a deal and send money, then you never get your part and the person is gone. Emails that were used were not answered after money was sent. This has happened twice recently on the other forum, resulting in hundreds of dollars lost. Come to find out the person scamming the money had never posted a single time in the open forum, he would just PM the target. A PM / Conversations, can not be seen by anyone except those in the conversation. Moderators can not see personal conversations. Let me suggest a few safe guards. Do all communications of a possibly purchase in a public viewable thread. Ask for pictures of item. Once you are comfortable with doing the transaction, then you could go to a PM for payment and shipping address information. Use a payment method (PayPal, etc) that can be tracked and has some kind of purchaser protection. On both of the fraud transactions, Venmo was used, which payment could not be reversed. Hopefully we never have any issues like this here, but you never know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts