Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1996 750 Virago, running driving bike till I got my hands on it I changed the gasket on the stator side because it was leaking and now I got no spark, it's in neutral kickstand is up it's on the work stand the Run switch is on and I have power to the coils but no spark somebody help my dummy

·
Super Moderator
1986 FZ 600
51 Posts
Check the fuses? Lubricate the side stand switch and ensure the plunger is being fully depressed. I know a guy who jumped in with new coils, wires, spark plugs, AND THEN lubricated the switch...

Also, not familiar with your bike but the pick up wire from the sensor may be pinched as BW mentioned above.

Also: Just to rule it out - you did ground the tip of the spark plug against the engine when you checked for spark right? From what I read in your post I doubt you need to be told but I've seen it before.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check the fuses? Lubricate the side stand switch and ensure the plunger is being fully depressed. I know a guy who jumped in with new coils, wires, spark plugs, AND THEN lubricated the switch...

Also, not familiar with your bike but the pick up wire from the sensor may be pinched as BW mentioned above.

Also: Just to rule it out - you did ground the tip of the spark plug against the engine when you checked for spark right? From what I read in your post I doubt you need to be told but I've seen it before.

I did all of those things

·
Registered
Way too many to list....
292 Posts
No fuse panel . Fuses are in line . Rubbet mounted looking ..., Most times they are deleted , or replaced with newer in line fuses .... Find the pick up coil on the generator breakdown ... That is the most likely suspect ... might just need to remove and clean where it grounds to mounting plate ...., Partzilla has the breakdown for that bike ....,

·
Registered
49 Posts
I changed the gasket on the stator.... now I got no spark
Crank sensor has a chunk of steel between the pickup and grounds the rotor as it goes around?
Cover went back on, pinched as per post #2's variable.
Without taking off the cover and find zero debris on the pickup, test light at the pickup wires, spin engine, does the bulb light up, flicker?

·
Registered
Way too many to list....
292 Posts
Crank sensor has a chunk of steel between the pickup and grounds the rotor as it goes around?
Cover went back on, pinched as per post #2's variable.
Without taking off the cover and find zero debris on the pickup, test light at the pickup wires, spin engine, does the bulb light up, flicker?
Check out Partzilla for ignition troubleshooting , Very helpful ....,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts