Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I just got my first ever bike this July 4th. 2002 Yamaha Vstar 1100 Classic. I'll be asking a few questions and trying to learn as much as I can. I took a basic rider course with my local Harley dealer and it really helped so I am riding a lot more now. My mind has been open to a whole new world and I'm hooked.

·
Administrator "Loose Nut" - From Houston, Texas
150 Posts
Welcome from Houston Texas. Owned an 1100 for 5 years and 65k miles, loved that bike. Here's a must read for all new 1100 owners, never, never give throttle at start up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome from Houston Texas. Owned an 1100 for 5 years and 65k miles, loved that bike. Here's a must read for all new 1100 owners, never, never give throttle at start up.

I will read that. Thank you. Yes Im really liking this bike but now Im wanting something newer thats similar. Didnt know how much Id like riding so I when with cheap. I guess my 30k isnt too bad since you had over twice that on yours.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do you still have your 1100 or did get something newer? I really liked my 1100, and your has the same color scheme

·
Administrator "Loose Nut" - From Houston, Texas
150 Posts
The wife and I started to take multiple day trips. While the 1100 was great for local day rides, for being on it for days two up we were needing frequent breaks. Living in Texas with most road speed limit being 75mph plus the 1100 comfort was questionable. Don't get me wrong, I loved my 1100 and so did my wife. We just needed something a little bigger for our trips. I know the 1100 very well and have worked on many. Very reliable bikes with just the regular maintenance items. I'm currently on a Harley Electra Glide, that I made a deal I couldn't refuse, but really like sharing my years of knowledge of the Vstars.

Here's wife and I on one of our trips.

Wheel Tire Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

And our 1100 fixing to go on a multi day trip.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Motorcycle

Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Vehicle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts