Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed lately lot-of spam registrations. users register to create a photoalbum or PM a spam messages.. most of them are coming from Russia and I don't want to block Russia or any countries... It's basically a "racist" thing to do blocking everyone for the sake of the few who are out to cause trouble.
In order to control the situation and keep our forums clean, I came up with a new registration procedure: Once a new member register, he/she will be automatically placed in a "trial" group. until a user has 10 posts, they have no access to pm's, attachments, avatars, sigs, polls, blogs, etc. All they can do is post threads/post replies. Once they reach a 10 posts then they are automatically fully registered and can use all the website features like the rest of us.
Please, read this as many new users might wonder why they have a limited access.. the answer is simple: post 10 posts and you will gain full access to all the features, 10 posts it's not alot to complain about :)
let me know what do you think and report any complaints or issues here.
Thanks
YF Staff.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello friends - We at YF want you to feel home and not in jail :) We just lowered the minimum post count to 5 instead of 10 to gain full access to the website features. 5 posts!! please don't complain! it's easy to post 5! 1) say hello 2) show your ride 3) comment on a silly joke 4) insult Eric or Jim in the lounge 5) show your naked picture and you are in! :rofl:
Seriously, meeting the minimum post counts (5 now) is mainly set up to prevent spam and not to limit your access!

Thank you

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
I hope you're kidding that people are complaining about 5 posts. In all honesty, if you are going to be an active member of this community, 5 posts is NOTHING

1 - 6 of 6 Posts