Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This happened about mid summer but is a funny store so I figured I'd share:

Me and 2 buddies were riding last night (1 of which is a rookie). I was riding the '09, the rook (mario aka Marz on here) was riding my '99 and my other buddy (andy) was riding his '05 f4i.
My bike's fuel light flashes all the time (I know, I gotta get it fixed) and mario knows that. About halfway through our 70 mile ride we stopped at a gas station, like always, for a drink. I told mario to fill up but he said "nah, still looks like I have gas so I'll be fine."
After finishing the drinks, we saddle up and ride the 30 miles we got left. I'm leading, mario is in the middle and andy is the last guy. We just get through riding through the forest (about 5 miles) and get stuck at the lights.
Lights turn green so I take off and so does andy. I look back about a 1/4 mile down the road and andy is stopped after the lights and mario is stopped at the lights. Andy turns around and goes back. I get stuck at the nights lights and as soon as they turn green I make a u-turn and fly back to them.
By the time I get there, mario is pushing the bike to the side of the road. I pull behind both of them, flip on the CustomLED to make the flash pattern (since our bikes don't have flashers this is a GREAT feature). We talk for no more than 2 minutes about who's going to get the gas for the bike, when a cop shows up and asks whats up. I tell him my buddy ran out of gas, so he says "hop in, the gas station isn't close enough to walk."
So we tell the rookie to get in the back of the squad car to go get gas. In the meantime, me and andy are crackin up and making jokes. Cop comes back, has to let mario out of the back (FUNNY AS HELL cause this guy doesn't even go over 5 miles an hour in his car).
Mario fills up the tank and I ask the cop if it's cool that we give him the gas can since we don't want to haul it back. This way the next time someone runs out of gas, at least they won't have to buy a gas can. Cop laughs as says "No problem. Man, now that the gas prices are going up again, I'm sure this is gonna come in REALLY handy. Last year, I had at least 2 people a week that ran out of gas. I'll wait for you guys to get going."
Sorry for the long story, but it was really funny. And another example of how some cops are really cool to us bikers.

Cliffnotes
Took long ride with 2 friends
We stop at gas station and tell the rookie to fill up but he says its fine
20 miles down the road he runs out of gas
Cop gives him a ride to gas station
We rip on our buddy for the rest of the night

Here's a few iPhone pics:
My bike is last, Mario's is in the middle, and Andy's is 1st
Mario is the one with the gas can, and Andy is the supervisor :rofl:

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Old bikes used to have reserves but the new bikes don't. Or at least the real (SS) bikes don't :lol:

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nah, just don't pick up a bike that has a flashing fuel light. That usually means that the speedo got swapped out which could be for good/bad reasons (mostly bad).

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
:rofl: Good story! Except you should have got a pic of him in the back of the squad car! That is one thing you dont want to do around my crew! Nothing like losing a race because of no fuel! :rofl: We never let it down when something like that happens!

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea I'm kinda pissed I didn't get that picture. Especially since this dude drives like an old granny and never does anything wrong on the streets

1 - 7 of 7 Posts