Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i just brought a 2019 fxsvho and hit some rocks . Insurance has approved the claim . The boat fix company (lowest quote ) isnt going to be using the same material on the hull . Is this right ? Should i be expecting it the same as before the crash . Or atleast the same materails used in the repair . Yamaha have made a big deal out of the new glass. Cheers for any input .

·
Registered
2 Posts
A repair shop will have difficulty using the same epoxy that was used at the factory. Availability, process and self-bonding may be problems. Most important concerns in my option will be
1. Preparation,
2. Bonding compatibility of the repair material to the existing material,
3. Mixing and application process,
4. Clean cure for proper time,
5. Final surface finish.

Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi i just brought a 2019 fxsvho and hit some rocks . Insurance has approved the claim . The boat fix company (lowest quote ) isnt going to be using the same material on the hull . Is this right ? Should i be expecting it the same as before the crash . Or atleast the same materails used in the repair . Yamaha have made a big deal out of the new glass. Cheers for any input .
Realize this is a two-year old post - just wondering if Bolt had any success getting his ski fixed. I have a delamination problem at the bow tow hook area and I'm taking my 2019 GP1800R to a Jet Ski - Marine repair shop. They said they can fix the hullit but I want the repair work to be just as good as or stronger than the original OEM from the factory. Please let me know how your ski repair turned out - thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts