Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
The old divide comes across ... the bike looks like an FZ and a Diversion (here) but either way its cool apart from ..... it's not shaft driven ... sorry
Regards Jim

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is this the bike you bought Adam? Or is it a bike you had in 2007?
That's the Bike I have (for some reason my gf called it Lola) and looking to trade it in for an R6 or R1 since you put the R1 on my mind. I can't say the FZ6R looks hideous, but it also doesn't get me excited enough. for some reason it looks sometimes like a Suzuki to me and direct competition for the Kawasaki 650R. I want something different/new to take with me when I travel outside the states as I'm planning/told you :)

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
That's the Bike I have (for some reason my gf called it Lola) and looking to trade it in for an R6 or R1 since you put the R1 on my mind. I can't say the FZ6R looks hideous, but it also doesn't get me excited enough. for some reason it looks sometimes like a Suzuki to me and direct competition for the Kawasaki 650R. I want something different/new to take with me when I travel outside the states as I'm planning/told you :)
Hi Adam,
its got to be a 1967 R1 though :):doh:
Regards Jim

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
You might be right Jim. There's always the saying: "With age comes wisdom."
I guess since I'm still "young", I like the new flashy toys :doh:

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
You might be right Jim. There's always the saying: "With age comes wisdom."
I guess since I'm still "young", I like the new flashy toys :doh:
Hi chris,
having the TZR is hi tech for me OK the divvy is newer but uses old tech ... the off road bikes I have are all fairly old bar the DRZ wait 30 years the new flashy toys become old ones :)
Regards Jim

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Have you gotten a chance to ride a current 06-09 R6 or an 09-10 R1? Just curious to see what you think of the power, as I'm SURE it's different from the bikes you usually mention

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Have you gotten a chance to ride a current 06-09 R6 or an 09-10 R1? Just curious to see what you think of the power, as I'm SURE it's different from the bikes you usually mention
Hi Chris,
the last R1 I rode was back in 99 (a carb one sorry) which well unimpressed me ... it's performance fell into holes (the carbs I guess), when I got back from the ride the salesman asked me if I wanted to buy one ... the answer was no thanks .... the Divvi was perfect & perhaps the R1 was a little rushed into production but from that I thought I'd stay with the old stuff on the premise it's easy to fix, goes well enough (100 mph on a YR5 gives you the same buzz as 160 mph on an R1 your still fighting for control) but after the kids/wife/bit on the side thing is done bikes have moved on & you will want a 2009 R6 ... 'it was a good old simple machine' :)
Regards Jim

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
I'd loved to see what you have to say about a 2010 R6. If you EVER test ride one, make sure to drop me a line and let me know. I think you'd be impressed with the smoothness of the bike as well as the nice balance of power

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
I'd loved to see what you have to say about a 2010 R6. If you EVER test ride one, make sure to drop me a line and let me know. I think you'd be impressed with the smoothness of the bike as well as the nice balance of power
Hi Chris,
I could get a ride on the 2010 R6 no problem & I'll take it up but I guess the bike will be a bit small & lack torque and go like 'a bat out of hell' after 200 miles or so (if the fuel tank is big enough) I guess the wrists & arms will be feeling it due to the clip ons & rear sets
Regards Jim

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Definitely won't be a comfortable ride. I got a buddy that is in his 30's and he complains about his lower back hurting, or cramping up but it's a super sport - not really meant to be comfortable. The problem with the 6 is that it's got TONS of up top power (after 12000 rpm) but little in the low-end department.
That's the reason that most people as one of their first mods will put on a 520 sprocket set and get some of low end power back. Me personally, I don't care enough yet for the power so I'm good with what I got.
Like I said, really curious to what you'd say about the handling and power of the 6 if you ever test rode one.

I'm sure in the next week or 2, Adam will give us HIS review of HIS brand new R1 ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts