Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the story. I'm at the track and a quad rider got squirrelly and ran into me. The crank case cover broke and a rock got lodged into the motor. While I'm taking the broken cover off a bolt fell into a small hole behind the flywheel (see picture). I can't seem to find the bolt. I tried a magnet, I got a borescope to try to look in and see the bolt, tried lifting the back end of the bike up to see if it would move anywhere and nothing. Ended up taking the flywheel off to see if it got stuck behind there and it's not there. Do you guys have any suggestions as to get it out without braking the cases apart? Thanks, Levi 2007 YZF250

·
Registered
8 Posts
Which bolt? One of the cover bolts? Are you sure it's still in there? I think that if it is, it went into the oil passage between the engine cases. Have tried laying the bike on its side? Seems like with a small magnet you would be able to fish it out?

So here's the story. I'm at the track and a quad rider got squirrelly and ran into me. The crank case cover broke and a rock got lodged into the motor. While I'm taking the broken cover off a bolt fell into a small hole behind the flywheel (see picture). I can't seem to find the bolt. I tried a magnet, I got a borescope to try to look in and see the bolt, tried lifting the back end of the bike up to see if it would move anywhere and nothing. Ended up taking the flywheel off to see if it got stuck behind there and it's not there. Do you guys have any suggestions as to get it out without braking the cases apart? Thanks, Levi 2007 YZF250 View attachment 1656 View attachment 1657

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I tried laying it down and using a magnet and the borescope but nothing. Making if I throw some oil in, and then put it on its side again that could work

·
Registered
8 Posts
You know what I just thought of ? You oil drain bolt is probably magnetic. No? Take it out and then lay the bike over. Maybe huh?

Yea I tried laying it down and using a magnet and the borescope but nothing. Making if I throw some oil in, and then put it on its side again that could work

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm pretty sure the oil drain bolt isn't in the cover. You just have the outer flywheel cover off right? IIRC There's a drain bolt underneath towards the center of the engine. That may be the external drain and the bolt doesn't protrude into the engine. Hmmm not %100 on that. Good luck.

The entire case cover is off the drain bolt is on the case cover

1 - 9 of 9 Posts