Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn Jim, you better go and post up some pictures when Jorge Lorenzo is gonna go flying past you!

According to VisorDown.com
Link to story

Somebody clearly forgot to let the Isle of Man know there’s a recession on as this year’s racing and festivities are setting the stage for a vintage feast of road racing. Along with Lorenzo and Nieto riding a lap or two, you can expect to see a Moto2 GP bike racing in the capable hands of Olie Lindsdell.

Hard racing Scotsman Keith Armor, who enters his fourth TT in search of more success after stepping onto the podium twice last year, has secured an ex Johnny Rea Ten Kate CBR600, as well as a BMW S1000RR.

Peoples favourite Guy Martin is looking for his first win on a beautiful looking pair of Hondas, resplendent in a paintjob that would make Mike Hailwood feel at home. It was only a matter of time before one of the energy drinks companies saw some value in the TT and it’s Monster Energy that have taken on the project of turning one of the most iconic and feared race events on the planet, into a full sleeve, peaked beanie lifestyle statement for the young and beautiful among us (this journo is not included).

Comedian Al Murray will be supplying the laughs on the Prom and music will come from former Stone Roses front man Ian Brown, with other acts waiting to confirm their attendance.

All of the racers in attendance at the press launch held at the Porsche (official safety cars of the 2010 event) driving experience are expecting average speeds to creep past last year’s ridiculous and fairly frightening senior lap record of 131.578mph average, set by McGuiness. If you can’t get over there to experience it, you’ll be able to take in the racing in full HD super slow mo glory as North One television are taking another two of the £250,000 cameras that created such a stir last year.

Presented by Steve Parrish and Visordown’s very own James Whitham the racing is going to be spectacular. Fact.

Read more: Big things planned for 2010 Isle of Man TT – Motorcycle news : General news – Visordown

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
That's disappointing Jim. The only time I will know somebody running in the Isle of Man race, you decide not to go :thumbsdown: :lol:
The Steam Packet is too expensive this year £300 for 2 & a bike plus the accommodation on the island is well expensive I can fly 2 people to the States for less money :excuseme: so why not pub crawl the sates ? :rofl:
Regards Jim

·
Premium Member
738 Posts

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's crazy. But then again, it is something that you probably won't be seeing anywhere else. I know here in the states, we got nothing like that or with that kind of exposure. Would definitely be something interesting to see live, especially since they are starting to mess around with the electric bikes.

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
That's crazy. But then again, it is something that you probably won't be seeing anywhere else. I know here in the states, we got nothing like that or with that kind of exposure. Would definitely be something interesting to see live, especially since they are starting to mess around with the electric bikes.
I have been a few times but it has been getting more expensive of late so your turn to go if you make it to the UK I'll lend you the TZR to do mad Sunday on !!
Regards Jim

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
What's the deal with mad Sunday?
all speed limits are removed so you can ride the mountain circuit as fast as you like without the police worrying you but as we now have production bikes that are as good as the factory bikes I guess IOM government will have a re-think
Regards Jim

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
That must be dangerous. I'm sure there's a good amount of people that crash. And when I watch it on tv, some turns are not good to miss because you can go off a cliff.
it isnt too bad until you get some nut on an R6 come up your inside on a left hander ....(don't forget we ride on the left & not the right !) :ride:
Regards Jim

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea, I could see that being a pain in the dick. I'm guessing TONS of regulars show up with their bikes that day? Is it at all organized, or do they just let people start the ride whenever they want, however they want?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.