Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased an )5 VIno 125 and would like to find an active forum on the bike. I understand that there used to be a lot of archived info on Yahoo Groups, but that is gone now. Is their info archived elsewhere. Where else to look? TIA

·
Registered
9 Posts
Over the years, there were 3 good forums dedicated to the Vino 125; Yahoo, Provo Scooters and another one that i can't recall the name (scootertime?). As you have found out, they're all gone and only this half-assed one is left. I don't think any of them are archived anywhere. It's too bad because they did contain a lot of good info. Youtube has a fair amount of maintenance "how to's". Also, the service manual is available for free download on-line somewhere. If you haven't already, i recommend you join the scooter forum at "advriders". There is a handful of present and former vino 125 owners there, including me. We will be happy to help you on anything in general or specific to the Vino.

·
Registered
1 Posts
thanks, for keeping a thread alive, those were good forums.

anybody know if suspension on a vino 50 can be beefed up with a 125 vino fork and thick rear suspension?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greetings! My 2004 Vino 125 has been in storage for 10 years and unfortunately with gas in it. I know, I know, bad move but short story is that today I went looking for a replacement carb like I bought 10 years ago for around $20 and today this carb seems no longer available. Carbs claiming to be for the Vino YJ125 have a single cable throttle and my scooter has a dual cable control. The inside of the carb is so messed up, I think rebuilding it would be a waste of time, plus I had an accident while trying to clean a jet with air pressure and I think it went into the next state. So I am in a dilema. Any ideas what I might do to be the bike running again? It only has about 700 miles on it and the body is in emaculate shape, so I hate to scrap it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Greetings! My 2004 Vino 125 has been in storage for 10 years and unfortunately with gas in it. I know, I know, bad move but short story is that today I went looking for a replacement carb like I bought 10 years ago for around $20 and today this carb seems no longer available. Carbs claiming to be for the Vino YJ125 have a single cable throttle and my scooter has a dual cable control. The inside of the carb is so messed up, I think rebuilding it would be a waste of time, plus I had an accident while trying to clean a jet with air pressure and I think it went into the next state. So I am in a dilema. Any ideas what I might do to be the bike running again? It only has about 700 miles on it and the body is in emaculate shape, so I hate to scrap it.
A single cable carb is doable. There are people who are parting out Vino 125s and you may be able to find a stock carb, likely on ebay. Also, ask about a spare carb on the FB group, "Yamaha Vino 125 Only". It's a good group and the last bastion for Vino 125 owners.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you. Yes the Facebook group was very helpful but carbs for this scooter seem a growing rare commodity. I ordered the $45 rebuild kit off Amazon from "allballs" which provided only a couple of jets, gasket, wrongly formed float rod and a few screws for that price. I put it back together with the kit and found the gasket 1/2 as thick as stock and the needle & seat leaked like a sieve. So just for grins, I put everything from the old carb in my Harbor Freight untrasonic with some strong pinesol and ran it through about 6 four minute cycles, washed, sun dried and air blew everything out and it worked like new. So anyone hoping for a rescue with that allballs carb kit had better also have a plan B.

Thanks to everyone here for your help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank you. Yes the Facebook group was very helpful but carbs for this scooter seem a growing rare commodity. I ordered the $45 rebuild kit off Amazon from "allballs" which provided only a couple of jets, gasket, wrongly formed float rod and a few screws for that price. I put it back together with the kit and found the gasket 1/2 as thick as stock and the needle & seat leaked like a sieve. So just for grins, I put everything from the old carb in my Harbor Freight untrasonic with some strong pinesol and ran it through about 6 four minute cycles, washed, sun dried and air blew everything out and it worked like new. So anyone hoping for a rescue with that allballs carb kit had better also have a plan B.

Thanks to everyone here for your help.
Good info and happy that it's working again. Generally speaking, carbs don't wear out. They just need a righteous cleaning and maybe a couple new gaskets and seals.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts