Yamaha Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at an FZR600. It seems to have been down at least once, by looking at the photos, but the plastics are in good condition and it is generally in good cosmetic condition. It has around 25k miles, described by the seller to have " New sprockets and chain (high quality),new brakes rear and front, custom seat, 4 new Carb joints, carburetor clean and rebuild ,gas tank clean sealed and coated like new, fuel line cleaned and rebuild with new Yamaha fuel filter, New K&A air filter, new just changed synthetic Motul oil and new K&A oil filter , new Spark plugs ,new horn, new lights , all fluids changed, new tires , no rust no leaks" as well as a Yoshimura RS-3 exhaust can. Listed for $1850, I would definitely offer lower. Anyway, for a first bike, what do you guys think? Everything being rebuilt could be either a great or terrible thing.

EDIT: link is https://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/mcy/d/wayland-yamaha-fzr-600/7217182159.html

·
Registered
23 Posts
Did you buy it? I've been rebuilding a 91 for 2 years now. Carbonators are the next thing working on. If that carb is rebuilt for real, then I'd consider. Straight forward though, If I knew ahead of time all the work keep having to do, the constant buying of parts, I would of never did it. Something always going wrong. For all the money invested in it, I could of bought something alot newer and in better shape, or better yet, a honda. My son has a similar bike, same year, but a honda. The honda is light years more advanced in technology, lightyears ahead on reliability. I ride 10 miles, then have to work on it a month, ride 10 miles, work on a month. That Honda never breaks down, Yamaha: manual clutch, Honda hydraulic, yamaha carb, honda fuel inject. That honda never breaks down, this yamaha constantly breaks down.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts