Yamaha Forums banner

Kevlar belt

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  wils 
#1 ·
Anyone know of any Kevlar belts for the Zuma 125 2016+. I have seen them for the older models but not the new ones. Lot of new model Zuma 125's out and about should should be a Kevlar belt somewhere. Thanks

#2 ·
Hi Black_dog 2,

A simple google search came up with GPR Industrial, MMG V-Belts but it seems like that is all sold through Amazon and ebay. I would imagine that these companies will eventually sell belts for your 2016 Zuma.

Do you really love the whole Kevlar belts thing? I’ve always heard that they were kind of an over-rated gimmick and that the stock Yamaha belts were just as good, if not better, and definitely cheaper. Best of luck in your search.

#3 ·
I just installed an ETI kevlar belt on my 2004 zuma 50 and that bike flies. Cost $26.50 on ebay and money well spent. Power now goes to the rear wheel where it belongs. I also removed that thin washer between the cones for better top end. Erlandson Tech is sold under different names and mine arrived as a Boost G technology p/n DBYA3AA which is the same as ordered.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.