Yamaha Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so as a few of you know I traded my '99 R6 for a crashed '07 R6 last year. The '07 is from NY, and before I can register it in IL, I had to send out some paperwork and a $200 check to the NY DMV so they can schedule me for an inspection so I can get a salvage title. I sent out the paperwork on 4/1 with next day service. They got the paperwork on the 2nd.
Last friday (4/23) I come home and the wifey says that I'm gonna be happy and mad. She shows me 2 sheets of paper from the DMV saying that I need to include one more form. The form the DMV needs is saying that I need to send them a lien release. I called the previous owner last month, and the bank faxed over a copy of the letter so I sent the faxed copy. To them it's not good enough, so I decided to call them today.
I just got off the phone with the lady that took care of the paperwork in NY and she said that she sent back ALL the paperwork I sent. WHAT THE FUCK?! I now am missing ALL the information for the bike as well as the $200 cashier's check for the inspection. The lady told me to contact my local post office to see what happened because they ALWAYS send back all the information.
I AM FUCKING PISSED!
The post office is saying there is nothing they can do, so now I'm all sorts of fucked!

cliffs:
-traded my old '99 R6 for an '07 in NY
-bike was crashed, so came with a salvage rebuild title
-in order to get the bike on the road, I needed to fix up the bike and go to NY to get it inspected
-I sent out all the paperwork on 4/1 including a cashier's check for $200
-Last friday I got a letter from the NY DMV stating they need more info
-I just called the DMV and they told me what I need, but also told me that the original info I sent them, they sent back to me
-Well now, all the important paperwork is missing and I might be out of $200

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Called my bank, and they told me I can come in and fill out paperwork to put a stop on the check. However, from the day they put a stop on the check, I will have to wait 90 days to get my money back.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
as you long you get your money back waiting 90 days is not a big deal i guess. don't worry about it you will get everything back, remember my house got robbed i lost almost everything: my college degrees, passports, car title and lotof shit. i replaced some and still in the process of replacing the rest.
you'll be fine Polski no worries it's not f worth it :cheers:

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...wow u got fucked over BIG TIME. What u gonna do now??
I contacted the dude that sold me the bike, and he's gonna have to apply for a new form (that certifies he's the owner) and when he gets it, he'll send it out to me. I will then have to send that form as well as 4 others and they will then send me back the date/time of when I gotta go to NY for the inspection.
Lucky for me that the previous owner is a good dude and has been helping me out everytime something came up that I couldn't do (his old bank stuff, and the dmv stuff).

as you long you get your money back waiting 90 days is not a big deal i guess. don't worry about it you will get everything back, remember my house got robbed i lost almost everything: my college degrees, passports, car title and lotof shit. i replaced some and still in the process of replacing the rest.
you'll be fine Polski no worries it's not f worth it :cheers:
Yea, only thing that pisses me off is that somebody has ALL my info (SS# and all the info that's on my DL)

·
Registered
139 Posts
That blows. That is why I wont pay for something unless I have the lien release. Some people try to sell shit with out it being paid off. I am sorry that this happened to you and wish you the best of luck in getting it fixed.

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually the thing is paid off. The bank sent him a letter which I got before I went to pick up the bike. The problem is that NY doesn't take something that is faxed over so that's how I got fucked. I am putting 0 blame on the guy that I traded bikes with. It's NY and the post office that I have a problem with.

NY - since they got 95% of the info, why couldn't they input all the info (as well as the money) into the computer and just send me that notice about the additional info needed?
Post office - well it's someone from there that ripped my shit open and has all my personal info

·
Registered
139 Posts
Actually the thing is paid off. The bank sent him a letter which I got before I went to pick up the bike. The problem is that NY doesn't take something that is faxed over so that's how I got fucked. I am putting 0 blame on the guy that I traded bikes with. It's NY and the post office that I have a problem with.

NY - since they got 95% of the info, why couldn't they input all the info (as well as the money) into the computer and just send me that notice about the additional info needed?
Post office - well it's someone from there that ripped my shit open and has all my personal info
Oh I C now. Yeah some states have awful regulations and rules. :thumbsdown:

·
Banned
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lucky me, I now know how strict NY's rules actually are.

Just got off the phone with the previous owner, and the dude is gonna get on getting a new salvage certificate tomorrow. Then it's in NY's hands to get it sent out to him and we go from there again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts